OK I have a smoker full of ribs ... what next

Started by mando2802, April 07, 2006, 11:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mando2802

OK I smoked a smoker full and obviously cannot eat all these ribs.  What is the process when I take the ribs out of the smoker.  I hear tell of something you do 1st with foil, towel and something else I am not sure of.  Next what is best way to store what I will not eat that day or perhaps in the weeks to come?  Vacumn seal?  Freeze?

Thank you for any help you can tender to this newbie.

icerat4

If its days just leave them in the foil its ok .But the best way ive heard around here is vacuum.By the way i am on the way too the store right now to get a foodsaver vacuum seal machine there the best.

iceman

BTW rat, I saw some after market bags at the butcher supply that work with the FoodSaver that were a lot less expensive than the FoodSaver brand. Anybody out there have any experiance with them??? I use a commercial sealer but would like to know if these after market bags work so I can tell my friends out in the villages.
Quote from: icerat4 on April 07, 2006, 11:53:32 AM
If its days just leave them in the foil its ok .But the best way ive heard around here is vacuum.By the way i am on the way too the store right now to get a foodsaver vacuum seal machine there the best.

iceman

BigSmoker

U got it food saver them.  leave a pack or 2 in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.  Yum Yum.  I don't always FTC my ribs but it won't hurt them a bit ;).  I would probably throw a little sauce or apple juice in them when you put them in the foil ;).
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.