• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Goodbye, dear friend! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Started by Smokeville, December 11, 2012, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

buttburner

Quote from: viper125 on December 18, 2012, 09:01:37 PM
Well my hinge on bottom the plastics clear off. But turned on a slight angle and it seals fine. LOL! No tape or nothing needed. I think the magnetic gasket is holding it. Have the metal ordered and the guy left for vacation, it was only 8.00 so now with Christmas and new years it will probably be January some time. As long as it keeps smoking im all right. I also keep a couple bungys out there in case of trouble. LOL!

its really ashame that you would have to bungy cord or otherwise "rig" your smoker so the door doesnt fall off.

Or some of the other things these are known for.

Dont get me wrong I love mine, but they should be a lot more stout.

Smokeville

Buttburner, I think you are generally right. The consensus here over the years seems to be that the OBS isn't all that sturdy. I think Bradley built the Stainless models so they could be more stout. But for entry into the fun world of smoke, I believe it's hard to beat. Especially the price when it is on sale.

In my particular case, I think this thread is almost a testimony to it's durability. I bought it in April of 2009. From mid 2010, I have used it probably an average of 4 times a week. More from May-Oct, less during the other 6 months, as my wife and I smoke fish to sell at a Farmers' market.

So, it may look like Rocky, but golly it still works!

Rich

buttburner

Quote from: Smokeville on December 19, 2012, 06:59:01 AM
Buttburner, I think you are generally right. The consensus here over the years seems to be that the OBS isn't all that sturdy. I think Bradley built the Stainless models so they could be more stout. But for entry into the fun world of smoke, I believe it's hard to beat. Especially the price when it is on sale.

In my particular case, I think this thread is almost a testimony to it's durability. I bought it in April of 2009. From mid 2010, I have used it probably an average of 4 times a week. More from May-Oct, less during the other 6 months, as my wife and I smoke fish to sell at a Farmers' market.

So, it may look like Rocky, but golly it still works!

Rich

Yes, I agree. The only real complaint I have is that front panel cracking (twice) with the front legs not being designed correctly. As far as the door, sounds like that happens if the wind catches it or its otherwise over extended. Mine is fine, I have had my OBS for about 4 years now and works perfectly.

I just fnished the PID and 2nd heat element upgrades and could not be happier with it now. This is my 3rd smoker, I had a Brinkmann ECB, then a Great Smoky Mountain charcoal that I converted to propane. I like doing sausage and the temp control of the Bradley is great for that. Now with the PID its even better.

It will do me fine until I can fit a Yoder into my bank account!