Started by SmokinMoe, December 02, 2004, 02:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Sam,

I agree, smoked lamb is awesome![:p]

Just don't serve it to me with that damn mint jelly![xx(]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Mardi

Sam..

I would love to learn how to smoke lamb.  You refer to your "links".  Where can I find your links.  Smoked leg of lamb..yum!

MallardWacker

When it comes to lamb, folks, I have to back away.  To me lamp is like youre grandmother's giblet gravy that has way to many giblets and it turns into a livery tasting mess.  Lamb is a cross of liver and a bad round steak.  The flavor seems to be a genome night mare that came out wrong somewhere.  Please I relized I may have just got booted for this observation, but I also relize that the veriety of life keeps us from getting bored.  But yet I can say I have never had any lamb from a BS~~~that could make the differance of this jaded opinion.  

As the stupid credit card commercial says "Thank You?"

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
Lamb is a cross of liver and a bad round steak.  The flavor seems to be a genome night mare that came out wrong somewhere.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LOL Duck man.  Wow what a description.  Are you sure you weren't eating mutton?  IMO Lamb is mild with a very very slight venison/gamey flavor.  Matter of fact I just had chops last night.  Seared at 550° 2 minutes per side let them rest on a plate for 15 minutes and finished them at 375° until they were medium.  Very tender and juicy.  I use a coffe infused rub on my chops that really gives them a great flavor.  

To answer Mardis' question here is the link to Sam's leg of lamb.
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=695&SearchTerms=lamb
Mardi,
I still haven't done a leg of lamb in the smoker but I will.  When I have prepared them on the grill I use lots of garlic and herbs de provence.  Leftovers make great gyros the next day[:p].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Rxmar23

Quote from: nsxbill on December 02, 2004, 03:27:39 AM
Hi Moe!

Check out this brine....just too easy!

Apple Cider Turkey Brined Turkey

Start with 1   12-14#   Whole Fresh Turkey

WE CHECKED IT OUT AND IT WAS DELICIOUS!  Soooo goood, we have to make it again for New Year's Eve dinner at my son's request because he said he has been "dreaming about that turkey!"