• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

So, Just How Popular are YOU on the net?

Started by Oldman, April 16, 2006, 03:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Just for fun have you  ever typed in your real name or your handle In MSN search or in Google and did a search on your name(s)? For example if I type in Raye Minor I come up 1st on both engines. However, if I type in Olds or Oldman there are too many references.

On the other hand if you type in Kummok in Google you will find that he is a member of Hi Mountain's Jerky Board with a total of ONE posting LOL~~~!   ;D And a Shooters forum..  :o  Using MSN he is referenced more often as being on the Bradley site.

So go find out just how popular you are and while you are at it go type in your whole phone number...you might just be surprized at what comes up... :o
Olds

EDIT: I did a search using both engines on titles of recipes we have, and MSN must crawl the recipe site more often then google as most of our recipes come up on MSN.  Far more than on google....  :P

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

nsxbill

I tried Google and came up with about 70 references to NSXBILL, MSN 4 pages only.......scary.  So many keep track of us.  From Hummer H2 Board, Weight Watchers Group I last posted on years ago, Wakeboarding(Must be someone else), and Acura NSX National group-apparently there is someone else who also has an NSX and has adopted my name. 

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

icerat4

Well with all the toys you have bill who counldnt find ya.LOL ;D

MallardWacker

Thank GOD, I only had one reference and if you do a power search on www.mamma.comyou only catch a couple on the Adobe boards....Man I use to have some stupid ones out there.  However, to my surprise "MallardWacker" came up first with the Bradley stuff.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

DuckMan,
If you do a MSN search for MallardWacker you come up on the first page 6 times that I know of~~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Sounds like you are MSN fan Olds.  Google is just too easy for me and the tool bar is not too shabby PLUS there is something inside me that says if I don't have to use Mr. Gates stuff...don't.  My son's college that he is going to uses LINUX in all their labs.  Being an old UNIX admin fut, leaning CMD line is not that bad.  I know the new stuff all has GUI, but I'm sure the his Profs will make sure he gets a taste of it.  Hope you had a great EASTER.  I'm in big trouble I forgot to call my MOM...Rut-Ro Astro.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

I tried Phone Guy... 69,000,000.

I must have a lot of fans.  ;)

whitetailfan

Cool.  whitetailfan came up lots for Bradley on Google, but of course there are lots of other hobbies, forums, and Fans of the Whitetail that come up on other boards.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Kummok

A fun diversion, Olds!  I've never thought to do it with my Bradley handle, but have with my name, adding "fire chief" and found out I'd been quoted/published in magazines I didn't even know about! :o   Just when you think you're maintaining a low profile.... :o ;)   Wish I could find out more about my KIA-Vietnam brother's outfit's operations?!?!  :(

Oldman

QuoteSounds like you are MSN fan Olds.
Not really. However, for every google bot I see crawling the recipe site there are 3 MSN bots. I will say this about Google. It seems to me, as of late, that it is becoming a little too vanilla in flavor.

In the past 18 days at the recipe site we have had 1108 visitors and while I'm sure joining the smoke ring helped along with this site posting of the addy,  I got a feeling that folks doing a search are finding it as well.
QuoteA fun diversion, Olds!
Yepper it is interesting what you can find out.
QuoteI tried Phone Guy... 69,000,000.
Olds = 58,200,000  Oldman = 7,010,000... maybe we need new handles LOL~~!  :D

Olds

whitetailfan

Quote from: Oldman on April 17, 2006, 08:14:28 PM
Olds = 58,200,000  Oldman = 7,010,000... maybe we need new handles LOL~~!  :D
Olds
Interesting thought...I re-searched whitetailfan and there were only 4730 hits; however WTF came up with 44,200,000.  Interesting, I wonder how this could be?
:D ;D :D ;)
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

Quotehowever WTF came up with 44,200,000.  Interesting, I wonder how this could be?
WTF is used in the gaming world a lot. It stands for "What The F**k".  Now you will enjoy my surprise the first time I saw it used on this forum. Thought to myself...man what a bunch of hard ares for a smoker's site~~!  ;D :D :P

smokin stu

Interesting....  I googled "smokin stu" and it turns out that name is also "Japanese Ginger Garlic Soy Sauce".  Now to find a bottle of that stuff.....  not a corner store sort of thing. ;D

I punched in my real name and the number one hit is a lovingly set up fire hydrant collectors web site.  I have never....  ever...  ever thought of anyone collecting fire hydrants.  I wonder if he has a dog, or if he does, would it go insane........ ???

Another person with my name does the exact same work I do, but in Australia.  He is on the web because he is being brought up on charges.  I guess he does not do what I do particularly well if he's in trouble with the law.

I do not want to play this game anymore....  It is kinda freakin me out.