• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Apple Brats For Aaron

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 23, 2012, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here ya go Amigo

2.5 lbs lean meat (lean poke will do)
2.5 lb fatty poke butt
16 oz diced granny smith apples, peeled
1.5 T non iodized salt
1.5 T black pepper
1.5 T ground coriander
2 T garlic granules
2 T Paprika
2 T dextrose powder
3 T chopped parsley
1 T cinnamon
1/2 cup cold water
1 cup NFPDM
Hog casings

Adjust the recipe to your taste.

Grind all meat thru med plate 1 time. Mix the NFPDM with the water, set aside. Mix the remaining ingredients into the ground meat. Now mix in the milk. Mix well and stuff into casings. Make your desired length links. Freeze the links with a double wrap of freezer paper OR Place parchment on a cookie sheet, place links on the sheet and freeze the links before vac sealing. Vac sealing soft fresh sausage will make them smoosh.

Keymaster

Thanks so much Rick, That will do the trick. Off to the store early in the mornin to get a fatty poke butt ;D Im gonna do a apple Brat, a Northwest Brat, and a Way out west Brat.

Keymaster

One more thing, Garlic granules, is that the prepared stuff in liquid in a small jar? Kinda like fresh?

SiFumar

Quote from: Keymaster on December 23, 2012, 03:16:56 PM
One more thing, Garlic granules, is that the prepared stuff in liquid in a small jar? Kinda like fresh?

Think it means "granulated" garlic.

Keymaster

Thanks Sandy, I always get confused with Garlic powder, Garlic salt and granulatated ;)

NePaSmoKer

Keymaster

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on December 23, 2012, 04:06:15 PM
Larger grind than the powder.
Perfect explanation, Added that too the grocery list :)

Tenpoint5

Aaron just as a side note. 1 can of beer per 5 pounds of meat. Along with 3 pounds of shredded mozzarella per 25 pound batch. When I be making brats those are the rates I follow you can adjust to make it fit your needs
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Keymaster

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 23, 2012, 04:53:21 PM
Aaron just as a side note. 1 can of beer per 5 pounds of meat. Along with 3 pounds of shredded mozzarella per 25 pound batch. When I be making brats those are the rates I follow you can adjust to make it fit your needs
Crappers, now i gottta get beer for the Brats and Me :) Thanks for the advice Chris ;)

Keymaster

Gotter done. kind of a silent movie.. Kinda Tired

Kinda blurry apple brat

This is the Way out west Brat, pretty good :)

Apple Brat sandwich with apple slices on parmajohn butter fried bread

I ran out of hog casings for the Northwest mix (Brewoz recipe) but will freeze it until I get casings

Sam3

Interesting Brats. Can't say I've ever tried this before. Merry Christmas!