Cabela's Stuffer and Motor Question

Started by Bugnut, January 04, 2013, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugnut

I bought a 11# Cabela's stuffer and motor about five years ago, used the heck out of it and for the most part it performed well. Last weekend while making hotdogs and hot sticks my motor blew a gear, sad day! I called Cabela's for parts and it seems they changed designs of their stuffers and the motor, and forgot who made the old motor! This sucks! Does anyone have any information where I could get parts or a motor? I have bought many products from Cabela's but I think I'm about done! I would love to own something like a F-Dick motorized stuffer but that's not in my budget. Any suggestion's or help would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Walleye

Bugnut

I have one as well. I originally bought the stuffer from Cabelas, then later bought the motor from Weston. Both the stuffer and the motor are from Weston. I would give them a call.

http://www.westonsupply.com/

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

The new motors only fit the newer black Cabelas stuffers and are not compatible with the older stuffers. If your good at fabrication you could prob get the new motor to work.

I worked at Cabelas and the older stuffers and motors were made by Weston.

Bugnut

Thanks Mike! I will call them Monday. I'm still looking for a good stuffer, the sausage sickness has me! With our hunting family and friends were making about 1000#'s a year. The 11# stuffer has worked great but I think it's time to up grade. Any recommendations? Would like to keep it under $1000.00

Thanks,
Tom

Mr Walleye

Bugnut

I use my 11 lber for a backup now. I have one of Kirby's 30 lb stuffers setup with a foot control which works really well. I mix in 25 lb batches so each batch fits entirely in the stuffer. I usually do at least 100 lbs at a time so the volume is great. I did about 300 lbs at my place in December, plus I was out at a friends place last weekend and we did 375 lbs over Saturday and Sunday.

Mike

Bugnut

Geoff_S

Mr Walleye, 300lbs? I thought I was going some doing 15lbs!!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Geoff_S on January 06, 2013, 03:12:53 AM
Mr Walleye, 300lbs? I thought I was going some doing 15lbs!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

I have a lot of friends who do a lot of hunting. In December It was 200 lbs of deer/pork and 100 lbs of moose/pork at my place. The other 375 lbs was out at a friends place. I built a big 220v 3000 watt smoker for him a few years ago and I went there for the weekend to help them out. It was number of them and they had 375 lbs made up of deer/pork, moose/pork, beef/pork, pork, goose. I think there was about 6 different recipes as well. Once you make sausage for your friends your on hook!  :D

I mainly do it as a hobby and really enjoy putting out a nice product. I definitely make a lot more in the winter but I do make a few batches through the summer as well.

Mike

pikeman_95

Mike
Those are fun times when you get together with your friend for a sausage project like that. I have had quite a few of or special sausage weekends. Our largest batch has been 539# in one day. Butts were dragging but we did have a good time.
   Did you bring your big stuffer out to you friends place? And better yet did you get any pictures for us??
Kirby

pikeman_95

Bugnut
If you are looking for a large stuffer to replace your broken stuffer drop me a PM
KC

Mr Walleye

Hi Kirby

I didn't use any of my equipment out there because he has all his own. He sets up everything in his shop that's heated and about 1200 sq ft. I didn't even think about taking any pictures while I was out there. It is lots of fun and your right, by the end of the weekend your definitely tired.  :D

I was talking to Bugnut via PM's regarding your big stuffers and suggested he drop you a PM.

539 lbs in a day! Man, that's a big day!  8)

We processed all but about 50 lbs through the smoker and hot water bath so the smoker was pretty much running about 2 and half days straight.

Mike

pikeman_95

I remember when you helped your friend make that smoker. I thought it was one of the best home made smokers I had seen. He must love it.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: pikeman_95 on January 06, 2013, 07:42:00 AM
I remember when you helped your friend make that smoker. I thought it was one of the best home made smokers I had seen. He must love it.

Thanks Kirby.

It did turn out really well. It runs perfectly and looks great too. He has it built into his shop and while running there is almost no smell in there until you open the door. He's really happy with it. I'm almost jealous!  :D

I'm working on plans for a new one for myself if I ever get time to do it. I would like to redo my whole area I use for smoking in the garage at the same time. Another friend of mine picked up an really nice 8 foot stainless prep table from the meat department of a grocery store and gave it to me so I want to incorporate it as well.

Mike

Bugnut

Called Weston Supply today and they do have the parts to fix my stuffer motor, however they have to be sold through Cabela's. The kind lady from Weston helped me work it backwards to get the parts. I have the feeling Cabela's really don't want to fix anything but will gladly sell you a new over priced piece of equipment. I will now have my 11# stuffer fixed and will be getting a Kirby stuffer soon. Thanks for all the help on here guys!

Tom

devo

You will not be disappointed with the Kirby stuffer. If my nine year son can crank out sticks with it I am sure you can