bisquet feeder error

Started by joebiker, January 07, 2013, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebiker

Every time I set up my smoker I preheat the bisquet burner and oven to start. When I introduce the bisquets and advance the bisquet feeder three times to start up, I get an 'E' reading on the display and it runs three extra bisquets into the pot. has anyone ever had this problem. By the way, I use the aluminum pucks on top of the bisquets to finish out.
Where there's smoke, there must be food.

Habanero Smoker

Hi joebiker;

Welcome to the forum.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the Bubba pucks, but you can easily test that by running some bisquettes through into an empty bowl, without using the Bubba pucks. Then use tongs to knock off the bisquettes that is still on the burner; that way you don't waste any bisquettes.

That problem is an unusual one. When you receive any of the "E" errors that will shut down the bisquette burner and element. For it to display an "E" error then advance three pucks, there may be a loose connection, or something wrong with your key pad, or maybe you are pushing the advance button to rapidly.

If you are rapidly pushing the advance button three times. Try pushing the button then wait until the bisquette feeds through before advancing the next one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

joebiker

Thank you. I never really thought about the burner being shut down on an error reading. The problem then I guess is that the bisquette unit keeps advancing the bisquettes and pucks through it's normal cycle. The E reading doesn't seem to affect the cycle. Last night it started fine but the error seemed to occur about 1 hour or so into the preset of 3 hours.
Where there's smoke, there must be food.

Habanero Smoker

You should give Bradley a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

Joebiker, I forwarded your post in the "Product Recall" section of the forum to Brian at the home office.