Jerky Time

Started by Keymaster, January 27, 2013, 08:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Quote from: cackler69 on January 29, 2013, 11:59:37 AM
I'm jealous. That looks WONDERFUL! What is under the jerky...on the racks??

Mrs. C  :-*
frog mats. You can get them at yardandpool.com

cackler69

Gotta get 'em! That's some purdy jerky :)

Mrs. C  :-*

smokinjoe73

do you need to dehydrate the jerky after the smoke?

Keymaster

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on March 20, 2013, 06:33:05 PM
do you need to dehydrate the jerky after the smoke?
Absolutely not, the Bradley smoker will dry your jerky just fine. I needed to finish a little faster so threw it in the dehydrator as it has a fan for quicker dehydration.

smokinjoe73

thats good to hear....i have asked a few people on different threads,,,hope that's not bad forum etiquette, but is it easy to do jerky in a DBS without an Auber PID?

Keymaster

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on March 20, 2013, 07:01:39 PM
thats good to hear....i have asked a few people on different threads,,,hope that's not bad forum etiquette, but is it easy to do jerky in a DBS without an Auber PID?
I made Jerky plenty of times in my BDS before I purchase a Auber and it turned out great. Just a little more time is involved. I go to bed early ;)

smokinjoe73

thanks for your response....i feel silly asking...why does it take longer...serious i am that new...lol...

deb415611

great looking jerky Keymaster

Keymaster

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on March 20, 2013, 08:02:47 PM
thanks for your response....i feel silly asking...why does it take longer...serious i am that new...lol...
The Auber keeps your smoker at an almost exact temperature you want. With out it you have some up and down temperature swings which adds time to the drying procedure I find.