want to make some beef jerky today

Started by Grassman, December 27, 2012, 06:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

They done yet? They done yet? They done yet? They done yet? They done yet? They done yet? They done yet? ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Grassman

Yes finished last night at 9pm - came out great! kids like them and split them into "their own bags" now they want me to try diffrent flavors - some like hot and some want sweet - I can see this will become addicting ;D

I like hanging the jerky from paper clips - gives you some much room as you can see in the pic had 11lbs of meat hanging from one rack and had good air flow around all pieces - everyone looked the same - just had to rotated the rack from front to back.

Now the wife wants some salmon for this weekend - need to clean the racks and go buy some other pucks and program the PID -

Happy smoking everyone!

BTIS1
Dual Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe
Maverick ET-732

Sailor

Great job!  When they ask for more you know you knocked it outa da park!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Silvergrizz

Great looking stuff, like the paper clip idea. Added to my bucket list

Grizz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NePaSmoKer

Looks good.

But get it out of the zip lock bags or the moisture will kill it. Store in a glass, plastic container with holes in the lid or in a brown paper bag.
If you have some moisture absorb packs put one in each zip lock.

SiFumar

Grassman

Remove from the zip lock bags - stored in brown paper lunch bags - Zip locks were getting little beads of moisture on the inside - good catch - thank you
BTIS1
Dual Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe
Maverick ET-732

jdhunt0

What was to total time spent in the smoker?  What temp?  I cooked ribs, pork loin, and wings in mine this weekend.  Jerky will be next.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

smokinjoe73

wow, that looks great....i know form the experts on here that alot of meats can take a bit of a temp swing....how about with jerky? some say the DBS wont really do jerky well...the Auber you have is needed....what are your thoughts?
also great idea about the plastic...are the jerky ok in a vacuum sealed plastic bag?
cant wait to try myself

bundy