Load of Ground Nilgal Antelope

Started by Sailor, January 12, 2013, 08:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

Took 4.5 pounds of ground Nilgal Antelope out last night and mixed some Backwoods Hot jerky mix but added more cyanne and some extra crushed red pepper.  I likes it hot!  Then put it in the fridge for an overnight party.  This morning I shot the jerky on the frog mats and using Hickory for the smoke.   Bradley is set at 150 and will keep it there until the jerky is finished.  I will still rotate front to back top to bottom even with the fan running.

After a nights rest in the fridge

Jerky shooter ready to be stuffed with the mix

Got the 1st rack ready for the smoker, 3 more to go

4 full racks loaded in the Bradley and ready to start the smoking and drying.

BBL when they is all done

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KyNola

Looking good Jim,  Tha's going to be some spicy jerky.  I have that same jerky shooter.  Works like a charm.

OU812

Now thats my kinda spicy  ;D

Lookin good so far,,,,,,,cant wait to see the finished product

Sailor

They just came out of the Bradley after 8.2 hrs.  They are resting on the kitchen counter to cool.  When cool they will go in a paper bag and into the fridge over night.  Will try one tomorrow that is....if I can wait  ;D I See I got a little black rain on one.  That will be my tester.

Shot of a rack.  They shrank up pretty good.  Yeah I know!  I kept it clean  :o

Keymaster

Those look super Jim, Never had me any Antelope.

OU812

Mighty fine,,,,mighty fine,,,,,,,,love the color,,,,,,,,,,bet they taste even better

Sailor

Quote from: Keymaster on January 12, 2013, 02:48:56 PM
Not much fat sweat matter of fact less sweat than using 97/3 GB.  With the spices I really can't tell much difference in this stuff compared to beef.  I think this stuff is better because it was free  :o  ;D

OU812

Quote from: Sailor on January 12, 2013, 06:15:33 PM
Quote from: Keymaster on January 12, 2013, 02:48:56 PM
Not much fat sweat matter of fact less sweat than using 97/3 GB.  With the spices I really can't tell much difference in this stuff compared to beef.  I think this stuff is better because it was free  :o  ;D

And fat free  ;D

NePaSmoKer

KyNola

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!