Wind & Bradley don't mix

Started by Alanfromwis, January 12, 2013, 11:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanfromwis

Had a scary moment this morning as a strong gust of wind pushed my Bradley and the cart is was on off the patio causing it to tip over. We have a walk out basement so the Bradley is kept inside when not in use. However did a brisket yesterday, & unit was still warm, so it was left outside overnight.
Picked it up & carried inside to check it over. Found nothing broken, & element heats up along with pucks advancing & heating ok. Quess I dodged a bullet.
  Alan
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

mikecorn.1

By the title I thought you meant that the wind was sucking the heat right out of your smoking session :P

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Alanfromwis

Sorry to confuse the issue. Built a cage from 15/32" plywood, 30" on back & 24" on each side, with hinges on inside to make portable for protection from heat loss by the wind. But I never thought of the wind tipping the bradley over. Oh well, can't learn any younger or dumber.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

beefmann

sounds like you  were very  lucky at having  little or no damage,,, ,gongrats on your brisket

Keymaster

Glad your smoker survived the crash, it was your lucky day!! Thanks for sharing and reminding us to use caution when windy out :)

TedEbear

The wind ripped the door off my OBS one time after I was finished smoking with it and I left the door partially open to cool down so I could carry it back inside.  I reattached it and a small piece of the trim broke off but everything still works OK.  I no longer leave the door open on a windy day.