New Forum Catagory Folder suggestion

Started by IKnowWood, January 13, 2006, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

Folks

Last night's chat (1/12/06) we talked about an idea to post recipes in development.

This new area would be for us to post some recipes that may or may not have smoked items.  And in their own right are good.  But we want to experiment, see what the great minds and palettes out there can bring to them.  And as the ideas come to something interesting.  We should try them.  And once tried by at least three members who say its great.  Then we can suggest they be added, first in original directions, followed by the voted modification, to Olds recipe site.

Each thread in this new category will be devoted to just this recipe experimentation and discussion of the experiment and final vote.  

I have several recipes that I would like to start with, some derived from cook books and restaurants, others evolved.  

So what do you think?  Mr. John Watkins & Chez Bubba what do you think about this.  Could this new sub-category be added in the Recipe Discussion main category?  

Olds, what do you think for developing some good recipes to add to the Forum recipe site?

The rest of the fine members of the Bradley boards, what do you think?  Hungry and ready to experiment?  Let us know.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

iceman

IKW I think that would be wonderful. With all the great ideas folks have in this forum I predict some awsome recipes coming out of this.[;)]

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

Kummok

Great suggestion....could be a high traffic category with our group of mastication mystery magicians and culinary concoction cooker-uppers![:D][:p][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

JJC

Great idea, IKW--until the Forum thing happens, why not just create a new topic here called "Recipes-in-Progress" or something like that.  Folks will know where to look for it if we keep pointing them in the right direction.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nodak

Great!!!  It would be nice to have the recipe's sat up in some sort of form too.  To include temp, dampener opening, smoke time and type, approx cook time, FTC and such for us newer members that's what really breaks us or is frustrating.  Although nothing wrong with sandwiches, than a midnight snack when it's done and everybody else is sleeping[;)].  No one you have to share with or justify why it didn't turn out[:D]

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

BTI Canada PR

April 21, 2006

Gentlemen:

As per your request, I have added this category to the forum.  Enjoy!

Best,

MARTIN MAYER
Manager - Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations
Bradley Technologies Canada Inc.

MallardWacker

Quote from: BTI Canada PR on April 21, 2006, 12:33:57 PM
April 21, 2006

Gentlemen:

As per your request, I have added this category to the forum.  Enjoy!

Best,

MARTIN MAYER
Manager - Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations
Bradley Technologies Canada Inc.

This Martin is a freek'n wild man...isn't he.  Thanks O' keeper of the syber smoke.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

iceman

Thanks Martin. I thought you were going to try to catch up on some sleep. Your a busy man (and all of us appriciate it). Thanks again. ;D

Oldman

QuoteThis Martin is a freek'n wild man...isn't he.  Thanks O' keeper of the syber smoke.
Duckman you are too funny...or are you still pickin' that bird shot out of your arse from last year~~  ;D Thanks Martin. It good to see that you are reading the forums and taking care of business. We appriciate it.
QuoteOlds, what do you think for developing some good recipes to add to the Forum recipe site?
I think this is an outstanding idea. Once an item is provened if you all wanted I could even add a category titled "Home-Made-Recipes" or we can just place them in the normal category but with a sub title stating this recipe is an Original Bradley Smokers' Home Made Recipe.

Over 1/2 of the recipes I have came out of trial and error. Error? LOL! One time I took and buried an entire dinner. Even the dogs wouldn't eat it...  :o

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

IKnowWood

Martin

thanks, this will be a great forum for us to experiment.  There are some amazing chefs on this board who will be able to help make some amazing pieces of smoke or non-smoked art.

As oldman said, most good results are from mistakes or taking a chance on something different.  What a boring world this would be if we did not experiment.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes