Bradley digital accuracy

Started by Greenhead, January 05, 2013, 12:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenhead

I have a bradley digital smoker and wanted to know if it is necessary to have a dual probe thermometer.  Is the bradley temperature accurate to the actual setting or do you adjust according to your thermometer?  If so where should the probe be placed in the cabinet?  Thanks!

KyNola

Unfortunately, the digital readings are inaccurate because the temp sensor is in the back of the tower where all of the heat flows up.  I would suggest you get yourself the Maverick ET-732 digital dual probe thermometer manufactured by RediChek.  It is very accurate.  As for placement of the probe, place it just underneath the lowest rack that contains meat but try to position it where dripping from the meat won't drip on the probe as it will cause false readings.

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum. That is a big yes on the Maverick ET-732 digtal dual probe

CaptnTony

I got my ET-732 and used it with my bacon on Sunday night.  Flawless!  Thank you for the suggestion.  It wasn't 'plug' and play, but I'm slowing learning all the features/alarms etc.  I used both the smoker and the meat probe and got some VERY excellent tasting bacon :)

I did not seal it at all yet.  But will do that before the next use.  I hope it isn't too late, THANK YOU for the tip!