• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sweet Lebanon Bologna

Started by NePaSmoKer, February 20, 2013, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drano

carnie1

;D  Mmmmm.......  Leb Nun..............Lookin Good !!

pikeman_95

Looks good Rick. I could go after that.

SiFumar

OU812

Great color all the way through,,,,,,,,ya hit that one outta the park Rick

STLstyle

Dang wish a had chunk of that...

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Swim Dad

Wow, wish I could do that.

Is that a SodaStream I see on the counter?
OBS duel element, duel PID
Weber Genesis 1000 (very old)
Dog
Kids
Wife
(in that order)

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Swim Dad on February 27, 2013, 05:38:06 PM
Wow, wish I could do that.

Is that a SodaStream I see on the counter?

Yup it is.

So far we like it. Cheaper and you can re use the bottles for a year. Mixes are pretty good to without all the added gunk

Big_George

Looks great.  Excellent idea to turn the smoker into the fermentation chamber using lights.  How did you manage the humidity? 

I did my first batch of salami that called for 70o F. so I turned my third shower in the downstairs bathroom into one.  and put up an out of order sign.  Since it is just the wife and I at home now I can get away with that a couple of times a year.

:D
The sausage is hanging and the butt is brining
1 Bradley BTDS 6 rack
1 Sausage Maker Propane 6 rack
1 Char Broil off-Set smoker
1 La Caja China #2 Roasting box
1 Lynx 42 inch BBQ

NePaSmoKer

85* fermentation dont require humidity. This recipe does not require a R/H factor.

Big_George

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 15, 2013, 03:56:24 PM
85* fermentation dont require humidity. This recipe does not require a R/H factor.

Curious all of my recipies which call for high temp fermentation also call for 85% to 90% R/H.  That even includes recommendations from "Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages" by Stanley Marianski and Adam Marianski.  Which I would strongly recommend as reading material to understand the chemestry of Dry Cured Sausage. 
1 Bradley BTDS 6 rack
1 Lynx 42 inch BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Big_George on March 15, 2013, 05:29:20 PM

Curious all of my recipies which call for high temp fermentation also call for 85% to 90% R/H.  That even includes recommendations from "Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages" by Stanley Marianski and Adam Marianski.  Which I would strongly recommend as reading material to understand the chemestry of Dry Cured Sausage.

This aint my 1st bologna and dry cured rodio.....Just saying.

Big_George

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 15, 2013, 05:32:38 PM
Quote from: Big_George on March 15, 2013, 05:29:20 PM

This aint my 1st bologna and dry cured rodio.....Just saying.

Well at least we have the same taste in Humidifiers. 

Do you fined that your controler works well.  I did not feel it was sensitive enough so I bought one of these it is programable and can do a better job of managing the Humidifier.

1 Bradley BTDS 6 rack
1 Lynx 42 inch BBQ

KyNola

Rick, I think George is on to something here.  You should read Rytek's, and the Marianski boys books.  It would probably help you in your 30+ years of sausage making experience. ;) 

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on March 15, 2013, 08:45:44 PM
Rick, I think George is on to something here.  You should read Rytek's, and the Marianski boys books.  It would probably help you in your 30+ years of sausage making experience. ;)

Books

Books

what dat