• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoke Generator not working

Started by st3v32k12, March 02, 2013, 07:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st3v32k12

Hello all!

I've used my BDS 4-rack several times.  This time I get it all plugged in and up to temperature and I notice that the smoke generator is not heating up.  I checked the Bradley website.  At this point I have unplugged and replugged the unit two or three times to make sure the cables are well seated (as per http://www.bradleysmoker.com/faqs/my-digital-smoker-has-power-to-the-generator-but-the-smoker-heat-element-doesn%e2%80%99t-turn-on-what-can-i-do/).

The outlet is a dedicated outlet and the element is working fine.  I am not getting any E errors.  What else can it be?

KyNola

Give this a try.  Unplug the SG from the outlet.  Remove it from the tower and turn it upside down.  You should find 8 screws around the perimeter of the bottom.  Remove the screws around the perimeter.  There are additional screws in the center.  Don't remove those.  Now your SG should open clamshell like. (This won't void any warranty you may have).  Check all of the connections inside the SG by disconnecting and reconnecting them.  Now, put it all back together and see if that solves your problem.

st3v32k12

That did it.  No idea what the problem was but I opened it up, everything looked clean and well seated, closed it back up and plugged it in.  Now I have a working smoke generator (and a very painful burn on my finger - I guess I should've tested it with some water or something).

Thanks for the help!

KyNola

Good deal!  Sometimes those connections will just "jar" themselves loose.  Time to fire it up.