Homemade Mozzarella

Started by SmokinSignals, March 11, 2013, 11:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinSignals

Found a recipe online for cheese and decided to give it a try.  Pretty simple and fun.

The ingredients. Got a deal on the milk also!

Clean break starting pretty quick.

Strained curds out thru cheesecloth.  Added salt.

Microwaved and kneaded cheese

Microwaved, kneaded, stretched, and folded

Placed in salt water brine bath overnight in fridge.

Cold smoked with hickory wood along with a batch of jerky.  Will wait 3 to 4 weeks before trying cheese, but the curd test prior to kneading was very good. 

beefmann

GusRobin

Ok enough is enough. I joined this forum when I bought my Bradley to see how to make pulled pork. Ended up making all these mods to the smoker, bought a PID, built a shed, bought a slicer, bought a grinder, bought a stuffer, bought a jerky gun, bought a roaster to poach the sausage, bought a freezer to store all the stuff I make,working on buying a freezer to make a dry cure cabinet, --now you all are going to get me to start making cheese????? When does the madness stop????

Just kidding --looks good. Waiting to see the end results.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

HSC5690

Homemade Mozzarella is great.  Only when I made it I didn't smoke it.  For someone who is milking and has surplus milk this would be an excellent use for it.

I hear you Gus on when will it ever end.  I own 6 bread machines and a Kitchenaid Stand mixer at home but thanks to Sonny and his Sweet Bread Starter that has kicked in my bread making interest again, I have a Bosch Universal Mixer that should be coming in the door here at the office in about an hour.  Now to go home and tell my husband that we have a new addition to the kitchen appliances.

classicrockgriller

Been wanting to try and make cheese and this way looks
like I could do that.

Can you post a link you used or some step by step instructions?

Microwavable Mozzarella Cheese? What will they think of next?!

SmokinSignals

ClassicRock,
Here is the link I used to make the mozzarella.  Real easy to do.
http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/cheese.htm

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SmokinSignals on March 12, 2013, 09:24:48 AM
ClassicRock,
Here is the link I used to make the mozzarella.  Real easy to do.
http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/cheese.htm

Thanks! Appreciated.