My old 4 racker problems

Started by icerat4, May 02, 2006, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Well guys not my lucky month.Now my bs heating plate took a crap.It dosent want to heat up.I started to take it apart and found out i was takin out the wrong screws.I was taking out the motor screws first when i saw this screw wasnt going back in easy i stopped.I called bradley up and informed them of what the problem was and they said will send ya a new plate.I did check the fuse and that was ok any ideas here on this.And while im at it she said to oil  the motor with what w-40 or such oil is ok.And what should i clean all the reisdude with alcohol or what.Thanks in advance.

TomG

Maybe another reason not to use the generator as a heat source  ???

Habanero Smoker

I use alcohol to clean the residue, its fast and easy.

I've been using my heat plate for an extra heat source for over 21 months, and never had a problem with the heat plate or motor. You may be right; "It just ain't your month :(

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 02, 2006, 11:53:39 AM
I use alcohol to clean the residue, its fast and easy.

I've been using my heat plate for an extra heat source for over 21 months, and never had a problem with the heat plate or motor. You may be right; "It just ain't your month :(
I've got a few years on most of my generators and always have left the plate on. I haven't had a failure yet. Ya just need to talk to it nicer Rat. Ha! ;D

TomG

Did you guys do the BubbaG mod that allows you to switch off the advance mechanism after smoking?  What's been your experience with motor failure?

manxman

I had a heater plate failure on my first smoke generator but it was replaced under warranty, the replacement was also faulty in that the mechanical advance mechanism didn't work correctly and that too was replaced.

My current smoke generator works faultlessly (kiss of death on it now I have said that!), I do find that using bubba pucks keeps the heater plate a whole lot cleaner than having the last wood bisquette sitting on it for a few hours whilst food cooks, meaning I don't have to clean it nearly as often or hard which must be a good thing.
Manxman

icerat4

Yea i hear ya on the bubba pucks. ;D

Malc

How often do you clean the residue, etc...?

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

MGOBLUEMAN

Oldman

QuoteWhat Are Bubba pucks???

QuoteThese pucks allow you to burn all of the chips in your hopper, no more half burnt chips wasting away, plus they are easy to clean just toss them in the dish washer and they clean right up.

What you do is either place two on top of your stack of pucks and then one more wood puck on them or just get three of them and place them on the stack of pucks.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!