Hickory Smoked Salt

Started by Tenpoint5, April 09, 2013, 09:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Did another bottle of Mediterranean Sea Salt. The salt got a total of 8 hours of Hickory Smoke on two back to back days. Now it will sit corked for a couple of weeks, then I will use it in my salt grinder.

Loaded into the Bradley

After the first 4 hours on day one

After the second 4 hours on day two

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

terry08

That salt looks great.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ragweed

Salt looks great and is very interesting.  What do you use it for?  Is it for general use or a special purpose?  Sorry for my ignorance, but never heard of this before.

Tenpoint5

I use it on everything give a nice subtle smoke flavor to dishes
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: ragweed on April 09, 2013, 09:50:06 AM
Salt looks great and is very interesting.  What do you use it for?  Is it for general use or a special purpose?  Sorry for my ignorance, but never heard of this before.

I like to smoke a finer grind of salt and add it to sausage recipes  ;D

rexster

I started going crazy last month smoking some unfamiliar stuff. I smoked some Cajun seasoning that turned out very well, adds a subtle flavor to any Cajun dish especially crawfish. Smoked some Bolner's BBQ seasoning, some sea salt that I use for just about everything. Made some Jalapeno Not Quite Death Dust just over the weekend
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Brewoz

I like to cold smoke back fat, then add it to my brats