Can't Keep Up With The Bacon

Started by devo, February 15, 2013, 03:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Long line up for the bacon continues, just got done another 13 lbs.

beefmann

devo

Slicing day so I had to do some quality control.

And all ready with some toasted crusty bread  ;)

devo

All sliced up, just need to vac seal now and clean up

Tenpoint5

Hoping to be doing some of the same next week. Ordered a case of fresh bellies (56 pounds in a case) just waiting for it to come in.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

BAM1

Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

pikeman_95

My wife thinks the guys on this forum are committing cholesterol suicide. I just tell her Yea!! but what a way to go. I haven't seen bacon in our house for so long I can't remember. I told her that when I retire I would like to wake up to the smell of fresh bacon frying. She said she would see if she can find that in an aerosol can.

deprived in Montana

devo

Well Kirby I would send you some if I could. Most of my bacon gets sold to a small bunch around here. I find if I smoke about 20lbs a month thats enough to cover those who want it and a few pounds for my self. Not to often will I have bacon for breakfast, more of a add on to other meals  ;)

beefmann

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 18, 2013, 09:14:11 AM... Ordered a case of fresh bellies...

... and I thought that in Iowa you could just go out into the backyard and pick them up off the ground like we do coconuts.

drano

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on February 18, 2013, 12:39:44 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 18, 2013, 09:14:11 AM... Ordered a case of fresh bellies...

... and I thought that in Iowa you could just go out into the backyard and pick them up off the ground like we do coconuts.

I wish!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jjmoney

Quote from: pikeman_95 on February 18, 2013, 09:52:12 AM
My wife thinks the guys on this forum are committing cholesterol suicide. I just tell her Yea!! but what a way to go. I haven't seen bacon in our house for so long I can't remember. I told her that when I retire I would like to wake up to the smell of fresh bacon frying. She said she would see if she can find that in an aerosol can.

deprived in Montana

I'm not convinced of that. I eat plenty of bacon every other week, and eat tons of eggs, and I even smoke, and my cholesterol (tested yearly for work) is always top shelf, the nurse asked what I was doing last time and said keep doing it. My response was that I eat a wide variety of foods including plenty of fresh vegetables (garden) and fruits, herbs, spices, all that kind of stuff. I don't know if it would work for everyone but it works for me! And I can't wait to make some bacon in the Bradley!

Bear55