Camp Chef Dutch Oven Dome No-Knead Crusty Bread

Started by smoker pete, March 14, 2013, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

Before going camping this Summer I decided to see if I could bake a Dutch Oven No-Knead Crusty Bread using my Camp Chef 2 Burner stove, a 5 qt Enameled Dutch Oven, and the Dutch Oven Dome.  I like to clip the Maverick ET-732 Ambient Temperature Probe to the inside of the Dome to monitor the Dome temperature which is regulated by tweaking the propane in the Low to Medium-Low setting ... Success!!! ... Preheated the Dome and Dutch Oven to 450ºF for 30 minutes.  Baked the bread at 450ºF for 30 minutes with the lid on, took the lid off and baked for another 15 minutes.  The bread IT was 190ºF.

No more buying bread on the road  :)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Smokin Soon

Very nice! I like that Camp Chef stuff. Did you get the big griddle thingie for the grand breakfast cooks??

SiFumar

Great bread! You are going to have them people drooling at the campgrounds smelling that!

squirtthecat

I burn things in my house oven, and you are baking bread outside!

KyNola

smoker pete

Quote from: Smokin Soon on March 14, 2013, 07:51:54 PM
Very nice! I like that Camp Chef stuff. Did you get the big griddle thingie for the grand breakfast cooks??

Since there's only the 2 of us SS I got the reversible Pre-seasoned cast iron 16" Grill/Griddle that cover one burner.  More than enough room for that grand breakfast  :D  Here I'm using it to grill some Asparagus ...

Quote from: SiFumar on March 14, 2013, 08:16:30 PM
Great bread! You are going to have them people drooling at the campgrounds smelling that!

Yea ... can't wait to throw in the smell of of something smokin/cookin in my pellet grill  8)  That's why I'm practicing using my portable pellet grill, and my 2 burner stove with the Grill/Griddle, Dutch Ovens, and the Dutch Oven Dome.

Can't wait for my Emile Henry Flame Top Pizza Stone to get here so I can bake pizzas, rolls, and breads on the stove using my Dutch Oven Dome.  The stone is designed for use on grills - gas, charcoal , and natural wood; In ovens - convection & conventional; Can also be used under a broiler.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

iceman

Man that looks great! I've got to get one of those domes for sure now!
Thanks for the pictures Pete.