A light and easy dessert recipe

Started by Maryland Crab, May 12, 2006, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maryland Crab

It is way too quiet around here.  Guess that I will add a wonderful dessert that I have made many times and it comes out beautifully each time.

It is a Fallen Key Lime Souffle - I use the bottled key lime juice, but think that any lime juice will do.
Enjoy!

5  large eggs, separate out yolks
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup Key lime juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
pinch cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 325F and lightly oil six 1-cup ramekins.

In a large bowl whisk together yolks, milk, butter, lime juice, and sugar.  Sift in flour and whisk until smooth. In a large bowl beat whites and cream of tarter until they just hold stiff peaks.  Stir one fourth of whites into lime mixture and then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly.  Mixture will be a little lumpy.

Ladle mixture into prepared ramekins, filling to within 1/4 inch of rim, and put ramekins in a large baking dish.  Add enough hot water to pan to reach 1/4 inch up sides of ramekins.  bake souffles in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes (no more). You can also bake for 28 minutes and then broil to brown the top, but watch them constantly.   Remove ramekins from pan and cool on rack.  Chill souffles 2 hours, or until cold.  Souffles may be made 4 hours ahead and chilled, covered.

Oldman

Thanks! That one looks like a winner.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

asa

Sounds great - thanks - gotta try it.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

car54

Key lime is great I will try this one.

Brad