• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Started by Biglab1, May 04, 2013, 02:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biglab1

Just finished seasoning my new smoker.  Researching my first recipe for tomorrow, cannot wait, just need the weather to come round.

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  The weather doesn't seem to stop some of the people on here.   ;D

Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like PID controllers, adding a second element, cook chamber air circulation fans, enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

beefmann

welcome aboard...TedeBear has pointed you in the right direction and given good advice on accessories to purchase in the near future,,, cant wait to hear your  smoking adventures

Beefmann

Biglab1

Thanks for the links, going to start easy tomorrow with some large country style ribs and some sausage.   Next weekend going to get ambitious with either a brisket of pork shoulder/butt. 

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska!  Seems you're well on your way to smoking nirvana!

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum  :)

pokermeister

Ask lots of questions, there is a lot of experience on this site. We were all noobs at one time. Welcome to the forum.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

fuzzy1

Welcome from Montana
Take a kid fishing

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard, from south Texas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

MoHuka

Welcome from Missouri...how big is your lab?  I have a 55-pound yellow female (Keelo) from Tiger Mountain Pointing Labs in Ellensburg Washington but I have a friend who has a 105-pound yellow male appropriately named "Dozer"  I tournament hunt with several guys that all have yellows and we started "Team Yellow Dog"....Don't know if you hunt or not..imagine you do with a lab in Arkansas but we have a lot of fun with an organization called Bird Hunters United.(BHU),,check the website and we get into Arkansas for tournaments on occassion.  It is a good way to keep your hunting buddy "Birdy" all year....no surprises when we make our annual trip to South Dakota in October
MoSmoker

mahto

welcome to the forum as beefman says write down weather so you can see how smoking varies with weather as he has shown me a lot about smoking
tu amigo
mahto