• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

smoker cabinets

Started by cathouse willy, May 06, 2013, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathouse willy

I've got myself one of those vertical plastic garden sheds as a home for my bradley.I'm not the first and I'm hoping others who have done this will help me out.It's going to be a tight fit,the shed is not as big as I thought but it will work. The only thing remaining is to vent the smoker, this means cutting a large hole in my new expensive shed so I want to do it once. So..... vent out the top or the side, how to prevent the dreaded black rain? Pictures of your setup would be great

rexster

I've got the parts to do a vent on my Suncast shed, but am just too lazy so far. All I do is open both doors and start smoking. Sometimes I'll put a small fan in front to direct the smoke away if I remember.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

beefmann

here is an idea

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.msg213170#msg213170

and if you want you  can duct from the bradley to the top vent... or even use ducting from the bradley through the top of the cabinet and put a vent cap on the top... also make a  point where you  can separate the smoker from the cabinet if you  have to  work on the smoker

cathouse willy

Beefmann That is a fine looking vent on your setup. Where did you find it? My shed is very similar to yours, a tight squeeze but it will work.
My plan is for the shed to be an all weather,door closed setup so I'll need to vent it
Bill

tskeeter

Willy, I went through the roof of my plastic shed.  When it rains, it leaks onto my smoker.  Even though the vent pipe is flashed.  If I had gone through the side, any leaks would run down the wall instead of dripping on the smoker.  I've got some mods to make to keep mine water tight.

beefmann

actually at home depot in the plumbing department,,, since then i have changed it to a  plastic battery box and a  couple of plastic dryer vents

beefmann

Quote from: tskeeter on May 07, 2013, 01:19:00 PM
Willy, I went through the roof of my plastic shed.  When it rains, it leaks onto my smoker.  Even though the vent pipe is flashed.  If I had gone through the side, any leaks would run down the wall instead of dripping on the smoker.  I've got some mods to make to keep mine water tight.

may want to silicone around the flashing

cathouse willy

That's a lot more vent than your first one...is there a lesson here? Tell us!!
Willy

beefmann

it creates a bit of an updraft  as a  result there is a  lot less smoke in the enclosure and there is no need to have any type of duct on the  smoker for smoke removal... wish i did this the first time around