• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie with a question

Started by Sillypuppyheh, May 20, 2013, 01:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sillypuppyheh

Hey there folks. New here. New to smoking. Loving it. But does one need 2 smokers,1 for fish and everything else on another cause if you do everything in one smoker the fish can ruin the flavour of ribs, chicken , etc? Is this true?  I'm using a Bradley digital 4rack. Also living in Winnipeg Canada but from Labrador. Go to Eagle River if you want great Atlantic Salmon fly fishing!

Chad

beefmann

you can use the smoker to smoke / cook everything. I do recommend and is a personal practice of mine to smoke / cook 1 type of meat at once,,, pork with pork... beef with beef, fish with fish etc.. and a  good cleaning of the racks, v tray and pan,,, wipe down the tower and your good to go,,,

welcome aboard as well and enjoy

tskeeter

I've done some light fish smoking (a couple of fillets) without wiping down the tower without flavor carry over (did run racks, frog mats, v-tray, etc. through dish washer).  But, I think beefmann's clean up suggestion is a good practice after smoking fish.  I'll be following it from here on out.   

Tenpoint5

I'm with Beefman on this one
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

I also agree with one exception.  No tower wipe down for me.  Wipe down the tower and you are wiping off the seasoning of the tower in my own personal uneducated opinion.

Sillypuppyheh

Thanks folks. Great tips. Much appreciated and the meal was great as the 7 friends who just happened to stop by during the afternoon. Ha. You can't enjoy if your friends aren't there to share the experience.

pokermeister

I have never wiped the tower, and never had any residual taste on the next item I smoked. I think it is best when "seasoned" (AKA- jet black, impossible to clean, but smells good).
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Salmonsmoker

I've been smoking salmon for many, many years. There is no flavor or odor carryover to other meat types from the smoked fish. I'm with KyNola on this.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712