It finally happened to me!!

Started by Tenpoint5, May 20, 2013, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Was smoking some cheese

Lost track of time with a sausage project and I MADE MY FIRST CHEESECICLE!!!! :o :o ;D

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cathouse willy

Looks good enough to eat though it must have been hot in there to melt cheese like that. You're not cold smoking it?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cathouse willy on May 20, 2013, 06:03:59 PM
Looks good enough to eat though it must have been hot in there to melt cheese like that. You're not cold smoking it?

I did save it and will still eat it I just wont give it to anyone. I was using that which shall not be named and I was in a hurry and put it on top of the v tray instead of under it and the piece right above it melted when I lost track of time and didn't check it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cathouse willy

Some gravy over the cheese and fries with some ketchup you'll have a sort of poutine. Healthy no. tasty yes

ghost9mm

Cheese Wiz Chris, that looks good enough to eat anyway... ;)
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

I like the little bumpy one, looks like one them massager things for your back  ;D

iceman

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 20, 2013, 07:24:43 PM
I like the little bumpy one, looks like one them massager things for your back  ;D

;D  ;D  ;D
Looks like a cheese waffle  :)

Ka Honu

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 20, 2013, 07:24:43 PM... looks like one them massager things

Quote from: iceman on May 20, 2013, 08:08:59 PMLooks like a cheese waffle

Perception is everything.  One man's "marital aid" is another man's breakfast.

pokermeister

Whew! I am glad that I am not the only one. My pellets caught fire and flamed up. I had smaller bumps, as it leaked through the frog mats. Only took 2 days of soaking to clean the mats, but the cheese was good!
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

pensrock

;D ;D ;D I have smoked a lot of cheese over the years and had some get a little hot but never to that point. I would have loved to see your face when you opened the door.   :o ;D ;D
One thing is true, you are not the first and will not be the last.  8)
I'm sure the cheese will be great, just a little lumpy is all.  ;)

ragweed

Gotta hand it to you for posting, Chris.  Proof that the smoking experience is not just about successes.  By the way, cheese starts to melt at 104 F in Lincoln Ne.   Ice?  Don't need no stinking ice!  It's only 60 out!!  Now I wished I'd taken pics of the cute little protrusions coming through the frog mats!!

tskeeter

Hot damn!  Cheese art!  You're gonna have to hot foot it down to that local fancy restaurant and show them the new addition you have come up with for their cheese platter.  High food is in.  Plate it upside down and you've got a real show piece.  Now you're going to figure out how to duplicate the process just well enough so that you can present a unique, hand made creation for each service. 

(It's all in the marketing.  Penicillin started with moldy bread.  Post it notes with a bad batch of glue.)