Cold smoke, home made adapter, question about the skinny cable

Started by Goran, May 16, 2013, 06:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goran

Hi,

I have recently bought a digital 4-rack smoker and have just started experimenting with various foods and techniques. One of my favourite foods is cold smoked salmon but when I tried to smoke som pieces I quickly realized that temp inside the smoke tower gets to high even if the heating element is turned off.

I am about try the home made cold smoke adapter ( cardboard box, hose), but my smoker is at my cabin and once I go there I will not be able to quickly get hold of parts if something is missing. Therefore this question:

- When having the smoke generator detached from the tower at some distance, the skinny cable between the generator and tower also needs to be detached. Will I still be able to produce smoke or will this cause an E1 error preventing me from using the smoke generator ? I suspect I will need some extension to the cable but don't know (and I don't have the option of trying it since the smoker is not at home.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have.....

KyNola

CoreyMac

Quote from: Goran on May 16, 2013, 06:39:43 AM
Hi,

I have recently bought a digital 4-rack smoker and have just started experimenting with various foods and techniques. One of my favourite foods is cold smoked salmon but when I tried to smoke som pieces I quickly realized that temp inside the smoke tower gets to high even if the heating element is turned off.

I am about try the home made cold smoke adapter ( cardboard box, hose), but my smoker is at my cabin and once I go there I will not be able to quickly get hold of parts if something is missing. Therefore this question:

- When having the smoke generator detached from the tower at some distance, the skinny cable between the generator and tower also needs to be detached. Will I still be able to produce smoke or will this cause an E1 error preventing me from using the smoke generator ? I suspect I will need some extension to the cable but don't know (and I don't have the option of trying it since the smoker is not at home.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might have.....

I just chopped the small cable and spliced in a longer section so I can leave the cold smoke adapter hooked up all the time. Saves having to detach it everytime. Did that over a year ago and have had zero issues.

Corey

Habanero Smoker

Hi Goran;

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a good write up on the recipe site with a few ways to handle this issue:

Bypass Plug For Bradley Digital

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Jaunty

No idea what that is EDIT - OK, found it!

Without getting in to what came first,  I am sure there are many  different versions around. Whatever version of it you  use, for me it is a heck of a lot easier than using the Bradley cold smoker box.

Jaunty

So not sure why my prior post was deleted, unless this forum is only allowed to promote Bradley products to the exclusion of all other helpful input. I have no connection to what I linked to which should be clear from my other posting history. I had not realised posts were subject to censorship, apologies.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Jaunty on May 23, 2013, 02:48:45 PM
So not sure why my prior post was deleted, unless this forum is only allowed to promote Bradley products to the exclusion of all other helpful input. I have no connection to what I linked to which should be clear from my other posting history. I had not realised posts were subject to censorship, apologies.

We are all open to many different types of smokers.

However we do have a section for Non Bradley equipment and Hot Deals you can post your link in.

Thanks