First smoke of the season / pic of smoker shed

Started by jm38712, March 23, 2013, 07:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jm38712

Put in my first smoke of the season into the smoker this morning.  A 5.5 lb pork butt roast for pulled pork sandwiches tonight.  Rubbed it last night and will smoke it for about first 3 hours and cook at about 220 for 9-12 hours total today.  Will mop/spray it every once in a while with a combo of oil and apple juice.  Let's see how it turns out.  This is the first time I've done a roast that big before, just ribs so far after last summer's smoker purchase.

While I was out there, I took a picture of the shed I bought last fall which has worked out very well for smoking on windy days and storing outside over the winter.  Simple setup but works well.

It's from Canadian Tire (in Canada obviously) and is the Keter Midi Storage Shed (product code #60-0293-8) retail price $199 but I got it for less on sale ($149 I think).  I also bought some nice sealed storage boxes at Walmart for the bisquettes and accessories.  The setup has worked very well on windy days especially.  Next project this spring is to install a vent in the shed roof and vent the smoker through the roof.  However with the doors open, the smoke does vent well anyway. 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5PmVW_aesj1UXREUGxSOXNxRXc/edit?usp=sharing

mikecorn.1

Perfect fit

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

ragweed

HitLines

OBS