• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New member from Saskatchewan

Started by Thunderswede, June 03, 2013, 02:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderswede

My new BS original arrived at my door this morning. Finished the seasoning process, now I have to decide what to try first. This will be my beginning adventure in smoking,so I guess I will search this forum for an easy start . Any way greetings to all from sunny central saskatchewan

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska!  Lots of good info and people here.  One of our members even has a new member "starter kit" with lots of informative links.  I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

beefmann

welcome aboard, a few ideas would be , baby back ribs, pork shoulder, pork loin start off with 2 hours of smoke your choice of wood.

a few words on your  first   smoke

1) season the meat with your favorite rub or seasoning the  night before and place in fridge
2) in the morning turn on the smoker and smoke generator pre heat for 30 to 40 minutes box temp 225 F
3) right after turning on the smoker remove  the meat from fridge and let come up to room temp
4) load bisquetts for 2 hours ( qty 8 , 6 will burn ) fill bowl with water , place meat on racks and into smoker
5) advance bisquetts by pushing advance button twice and letting the pucks advance after each push
6) let smoke and cook,,, if you  have a  remote thermometer use it to monitor the temp of the meat till its  done

pork roasts and  loins start becoming dome at 145 some like it more  done and up to 180... if yuou  want  pulled pork closer to 195

good luck and again welcome aboard

Saber 4

Welcome to the forum from a Texas newbie, I did the oak smoked salmon for my first smoke and they turned out great and it's been non stop ever since. Enjoy your new smoker.

TedEbear

Hi and welcome aboard.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

As far as what to smoke first, pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum