Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

WCK,

Thanks. Need to find a source further north...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mr Walleye

Looks Baconicious WCK!   ;D

I'm going to have to do this now. All these great photos.....

:P  :P  :P

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

West Coast Kansan

What I did this weekend is a cheater pastrami. Did HabSmoker approach on the Recipe Site starting with a store bought corned beef.   Excellent flavor but was a disappointing brisket - very fatty. 

Looks great on the outside!

Excellent flavor! = very poor - fatty brisket, was labeled Choice but it was a lie. Anyway even sliced some of it with the grain to try to get a few strips that were not all fat.  Very Very tender so was not a problem. Cheated a bit and started with a store bought corned beef. NOTE to Self: You get what you pay for...

WCK

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

icerat4

Very nice for sure. ;D.I did one of those when i first got my bs but it came out bad.I took it out to soon.But i will now try again seeing these pics.Ones again good job and thanks for reminding me i have to master this type of meat too. ;D ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Habanero Smoker

WCK;
I found commercially made cornbeef does not make very good pastrami. Try dry curing your own brisket flat, you will be surprised at the difference.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

HabS. Will try my own as you say.  This was on sale all over for St Patricks day so could not resist.  It does have excellent flavor.  Cant complain about that... just the brisket was not properly trimmed.  The meat that was there was very tender and nice.  Probably got a pound + out of a 3 and half pound flat. 

Sure worth the try, but as you say will do my own per your posting on the reciepe site.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Habanero Smoker

I don't buy corn beef that often. On the package does it state whether or not it's the flat or the point part of the brisket. If it was the point section, that may be the reason there was so much fat.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

West Coast Kansan

Yes, it actually said it was the flat.  John Morrel brand ... >:(

Tiny Tim

By reading this, am I correct in assuming that the basic difference between brisket and corned beef brisket is that the latter is brined/cured?

Arcs_n_Sparks

mapleleafsgurl

Just pulled my weekend's project out of the smoker.  I had intended to smoke it last night, but the pellicle wasn't quite there yet.  SO I left it in the fridge for the night and popped in the smoker this morning.  I used Habanero Smoker's recipe from Old's Place.

West Coast Kansan showed me how to post photos, so here goes.

Now I have to wrap and refrigerate it for 2 days.  I hope I can wait that long!

maple
Edited to add....yeesh i guess i should mention....it's Canadian Bacon!  lol

PigOut

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

NePaSmoKer

Those look really good, snif sniff i can almost smell em.  Great job

nepas