Acronym List?

Started by BostonBBQer, May 18, 2006, 12:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BostonBBQer

New to the Bradley, just got my wood today. I'm wondering if someone could post a handy reference to the acronyms you guys use -- I looked for an FAQ but didn't find one. FTC? Thanks in advance!

iceman

Welcome BBBQ;
F = foil
T = towel
C = cooler
Lets say after smoking a pork butt for 4 hours or so then keep it cooking until it reaches the desired temperature 195f / 210f ? or there and about. Could take 10 or 12 hours. Just depends on the amount of meat your cooking.

You then take it out of the smoker and wrap it in aluminum Foil (mabe add some apple juice or whatever).

Then wrap it in a few layers of old Towels (like beach towels or old bath towels).

Next stick it in an old Cooler you have laying around (NO ICE ! Your trying to keep it warm).

Let it sit for a couple of hours so the passive heat can do it's magic and you will end up with some VERY, VERY tender, juicy meat.

Hope this kind of explains FTC for you. Have a good time smoking. ;D

icerat4

ice please copy this ftc rule.Then we dont have to explaine it all the time dont mind if i do so if i get a newbie askin.I will just post this.This will make it a standard post.ok or not.

BostonBBQer

Thanks Iceman! Looking forward to getting my BS going.

Biggun

Boston BBQ-

Hope you liked the PDQ 411. Any BS FAQ will be answered ASAP!

LOL,

BGUN

PS- OICU812

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Wampum Pit

Since I am acronym challenged, I keep this list in my favorites.

http://www.teenangels.org/articles/sms.txt
Wampum Pit  -  I love animals, they're delicious.

Oldman

Wampum Pit
Neat-O m8, but no LMSO on that list!!!  :D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Biggun

Oldman, time to get those specs tuned up- it's right after LMS- I only know because I had to look up LMSO! ;D

Chez Bubba

On this board, "WTF" stands for WhitetailFan! ;D

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

Quote from: Chez Bubba on May 23, 2006, 07:46:57 PM
On this board, "WTF" stands for WhitetailFan! ;D

Kirk
As my first and only forum, I had no idea what I was about to start with my handle...2 years later I would not change it a bit. ;)
WTF
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

Quote from: Biggun on May 23, 2006, 02:21:09 PM
Oldman, time to get those specs tuned up- it's right after LMS- I only know because I had to look up LMSO! ;D
LMSO = Laughing My Shorts Off...  ;D