Anyone else been to Ray Turner's?

Started by fjp110, June 30, 2013, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fjp110

I searched this site and saw no mention of this topic anywhere. 

My wife and I stopped to see Ray Turner last weekend (June 22nd his 65th birthday in fact)  in Hancock NY.  Google '' ray turner eels'' if you have never head of him.  he is a really interesting guy who  makes a living out of smoking meats an cheeses.  His main focus is catching eels using a traditional weir in the Delaware river and smoking them.  in his shop you can buy smoked eel,trout, salmon (hot or cold smoked) ,cornish game hens, chickens, duckling,shrimp and cheeses.  he does not use a bradley but he still deserves mention here.  He has  a true smoke house built of concrete block.  everything we bought was absolutely amazing. His shrimp were a really nice surprise too very large with perfect texture too.  Has anyone else been to see him?

Habanero Smoker

I've known about him for years, and always wanted to take a trip out there; but never got around to doing it. Maybe this year will be the year. I saw him on some television show, and read several newspaper articles about him. He seems like a very interesting character.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

fjp110

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 02, 2013, 02:31:08 AM
I've known about him for years, and always wanted to take a trip out there; but never got around to doing it. Maybe this year will be the year. I saw him on some television show, and read several newspaper articles about him. He seems like a very interesting character.

It will for sure be worth the trip.  ''interesting'' for sure.  very nice guy but very real.  If he doesn't like something he will tell you.  You should go see him.