Hi From Humboldt

Started by catchabigone, July 12, 2013, 08:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catchabigone

Hi guys been here in Northern Ca. for ten years. I am 60 a retired chef and addicted fisherman. The salmon bounty here this year is amazing. I have thirty pounds of king salmon in the brine right now. I have been a chef from Philadelphia where I grew up to Vail to San Diego to Sandpoint Id. where I gave up chefing ang started a charter fishing business. Now in Norcal I fish and gather the seas bounty, you gotta try smoked abalone!. One question though how the heck can I stop the salmon skin from sticking to the rack? I tried everything I know and some still sticks. I want to invent non stick racks. Have a great day today I am smoking all day.

GOOD SMOKING TO ALL!!

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard. They nonstick jerky racks but the coating has been known to fall off. Most guys use frogmats. I strongly urge you to look at the fish section and give the Alaskan Smoked Salmon a try. Now that is some good stuff!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum catch,  in addition to Frog Mats there's a spray-on non-stick product called Peel Ease that I use for smoking all sorts of stuff. I get mine from "The Sausage Maker", but it's available from other sources too.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

TedEbear

Quote from: catchabigone on July 12, 2013, 08:29:09 AMOne question though how the heck can I stop the salmon skin from sticking to the rack? I tried everything I know and some still sticks. I want to invent non stick racks.

Hi and welcome aboard.

Frogmats will do the job for you.  I have one for each of my 4 racks.

catchabigone

Thanks for the welcome guys!! I am smoking some real thick kings, one was over thirty. Pelicle forming as I type. Going in the digi bradley and then off to catch a couple more!!  Talk to you soon.

Shasta bob

Welcome from Oregon. Yes, finaly some one from my stoping grounds, i was raised in Crescent City, Ca. i hope i didn't say that out loud did I.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum :)From NJ

Saber 4

beefmann

hello and  welcome to th forum

Smokin Sparky

Welcome to the forum.  Great people and a wealth of knowledge here. Don't hesitate just ask.  Better to ask than to ruin a delicious smoke!

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

sage03

Hello and welcome from NC !! :D

The542

Welcome, from your old stomping grounds!

Main Line Philly here - Mike
BDS4 w/ cold smoke adapter
Auber dual probe PID
TBE
Weber Genesis E-330

mahto

Welcome to the forum from So Cal
tu amigo
mahto

SiFumar