Received Auber dual probe today and am somewhat disappointed...

Started by pz, July 19, 2013, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pz

The heat sink acts similar to the radiator in a car - it draws the heat away from one area and via it's fins, distributes that heat into the surrounding air effectively cooling the unit that is hot.  Suyi said that my unit is a low voltage model that does not require the sink.

On an aside, Suyi sent me an email indicating that my new back plate and probe are in the mail, and that I should receive them in the next couple of days.

Now, that's what I call customer service  ;)
My online cookbook: good food & friends

rexster

Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

pz

That would have been ideal, but Suyi did offer to take the unit back if I wanted, or to try the new probe and back plate.  If I have problems with it, I think they will make it right.  I hope to try the unit soon to see how it goes.

rexster

Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

rveal23

Lets hope you get everything soon, and everything is perfect. I know my anticipation for a new toy that was broken that can't be played with till it gets fixed would be going through the roof! 
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

Thanks, gents. I can't say I wasn't seriously disappointed when the unit arrived in that condition, but their quick response time gives me hope that all will be good in the end. I plan to try it out today just to see if it works properly.