BattleField 2142

Started by Oldman, May 02, 2006, 10:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I forgot who else that is here is a gamer besides myself.  EA is coming out this fall with BF 2142. From the demo clip it looks like a blend of MechWarrior (fight sim) and Ghost Recon 1st person shooter..... I like this combo as I'm and old Mech pilot from years back and I currently game Ghost Recon.

Check out the clip:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Looks like a good one ;D.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

Olds,

You may know this already, but just in case. I was looking for some patches for Ghost Recon Desert Siege and learned that Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter demo was released on 4/26. It stated that the game was to be released on 5/5. I didn't see any advertisements.

Here's a link to the download. http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=15433

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

I will tell you what I upgraded my V-card to a GF-7800 OC and I was not impressed at all with the graphics in the demo. GRAW is using their own engine I'm told and it has a long was to go IMO. The engine of GR1 rendered so much better that I'm at a loss as to why they changed it out. I was so unhappy with the graphics that after 10 minute I un-install the demo. Furthermore, that dang thing is a major system hog.  Now I could live with that if the end results justified it. In the demo they don't.

Here are the specs:
Minimum:
Processor: Intel or AMD, 2 GHz
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Disk Space: 850 MB
Graphics Card: 128 MB DX9.0c compatible card,
GeForce 6200 or higher
Radeon 9600 or higher
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Network: High-speed modem with 64 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Recommended Configuration:
Processor: Intel or AMD 2.8 GHz
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP
Memory: 1024 MB RAM
Disk Space: 850 MB
Graphics Card: 256 MB DX9.0c compatible card,
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Network: High-Speed Modem with 128 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Graphics Cards Supported:
Radeon 9600
Radeon 9700
Radeon 9800
Radeon X300
Radeon X600
Radeon X800
Radeon X1600
Radeon X1800
Radeon X1900

GeForce 6200
GeForce 6600
GeForce 6800
GeForce 7800

Here is a image of a line tear (I was running it at 1200 X resolution. I would hate to see what that looked like at 800 x 600.

IMO a $50.00 game that requires this much system and creates that line is an after thought of GRAW.  It looks like to me to be a very bad port over from the box. They promised and set up a delivery date for GR2 and then cancled it. Now 5 years after GR1 we get this trash.... nope I will not purchase the game for at least another year and this is to give the MOD community time to make new maps/ weapons and port over old maps... the stock game shows me nothing.

One more item that just does not sit well with me is the fact that even with my G-Force 7800 OC (over clocked) card this engine is so in the toliet that 1200 x resolution is the max I can get.  As I said this thing is a real system hog. Now that is pure BULL~~! I could not even imagine trying to run that game with either a GeForce 6200 or a
Radeon 9600. What at a res of 600 x 480? And with all video options turned down to low? Oh please! The card I replace was 2X faster than those two!

Oh something you might find interesting...when I fire up a 3D animated application the fan on the 7800 ramps up into a turbo mod.... You can hear it winding up. Then it settles back down to the level needed to keep the card cool. The first time I heard it I thought Lordie what have I broke now.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I got a chance to play it last night, and was also disappointed with the graphics. And there is a couple of bugs, that are annoying. I have to disable my AV, and the system always reboots when I quit the game. I played longer then 10 minutes; it took me that long to figure out how to get off the helicopter ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Oldman

Hey Hab,

Did you just hear something  ??? Thought I did for a second, but then I realized it was only hot air passing through.

Habanero Smoker

Olds;

I'm not sure. I just got finished reading "War and Peace" and my eyes are a little blurry ;) I did notice my computer fan went into turbo mode for a few seconds. As you stated, it just must have be a gust of hot air.

I
         don't
                   inhale.