Bacon Jerky

Started by Alanfromwis, July 28, 2013, 09:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alanfromwis

Has anyone tasted or tried to make bacon jerky? We were at a local supermarket yesterday, & Johnsonville  has a bacon jerky that we purchased. This was delicious & seems like a natural for bacon. I have not yet made jerky, but would like to try making this.
  Alan
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Saber 4

Sounds interesting, I've done bacon before and I just sliced my first jerky and put it in a Teriyaki marinade for a couple of days till my frog mats come in. If you try it please post pictures and the method you use. I know we'd all like to follow your progress on it.

Tenpoint5

Oretty sure Nepas has done bacon jerky
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Guilty as charged.  I joined Rick's bacon jerky party in the thread Devo posted.  It is a long drying process but delicious when finished.

beefmann

wonder if we could do the same with beef bacon?

Saber 4

Sounds like an experiment for you Beefmann, I won't have any for a week or so and I don't have a dehydrator which seems like a necessity to keep from having a fat out.

beefmann

i also do not have a dehydrator ... oh god... another  toy... where to put it

KyNola

I can't think of a reason you could not use beef bacon.  In fact it might dry a little quicker because of the difference in fat content in the beef bacon vs pork belly bacon.