Peach Shine

Started by NePaSmoKer, July 14, 2013, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Making some peach shine for destination Iowa.

This is going to be 2 diff batches.

1 is peach shine
1 is peach ala mode (vanilla vodka)

This is the peach version recipe.

64 oz · white grape peach juice
1 ¼ cup · white granulated sugar
¼ cup · brown sugar
3 stick · cinnamon
½ cup · peach schnapps
1 cup · 190 proof grain alcohol, everclear, moonshine etc. (I use everclear)
¾ cup · peach schnapps
2 can · sliced peaches(15oz) in juice. I used 1 large can and cut the peaches in half.
1 · cheese cloth

1. in lg pot bring to boil- juice, sugars, 1 can sliced peaches, cinnamon sticks and 1/2 cup of peach schnapps, turn down cover and simmer for an hour, remove from heat and let cool down to room temperature.

Juice.

2. when mixture is at room temperature add 1 cup everclear and 3/4 cup of peach schnapps and mix

These are the peaches im using.

3. get 10-12 pint size jars ready, drain the last can of peaches real good, place one peach in each jar (OPT)

4. with cheese cloth strain liquid into jars, fill up to the bottom of rim and seal. Im going to use a coffee filter with the cheesecloth.

5. for best taste, let it sit for 1-2 wks at least for the flavor to mellow and blend the rest of the way, sit in a cool dark place,

Here is the recipe for the Peach Ala Mode.

64 oz Welch's White Grape Peach Juice. Or whatever is cheaper
1 1/2   cups white sugar
1 can sliced peaches (15 oz)
4 cinnamon sticks
1 cup Peach Schnapps
1 cup 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear)
1 cup of vanilla vodka

1. In large pot put Grape Peach juice, sugar, sliced peaches, cinnamon sticks and 1/2 cup of Schnapps. Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer on medium low for 30-45 minutes covered.

2. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.

3. Add cup of Everclear, cup of vanilla vodka and other 1/2 of peach Schnapps 4. Pour into mason jar with one of cinnamon sticks from mixture and one peach from mixture.

5. Refrigerate for at least a week.

I'm going to label this as Sittin-n-Sippin peach shine.

***CAUTION***
Keep arms inside at all times and wear your chair belt so ya dont fall off.

This batch is just peach.

Here is batch #2 Ala Mode. I used 1 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar so i can tell which on which. I'm using large Bunn coffee filters to strain.

Getting ready to jar the Ala Mode.

Done and sealed. Now fridge i guess.

Jar in front has 2 peaches in bottom.

Keymaster

That would be good in some tea, if I drank tea. Guess I'd drink it on the rocks. Thanks for sharing Rick :)

ragweed

Should be aged to perfection by August ;)

BAM1

August 9th sounds about right
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

seemore

:oDamm them sound good
seemore

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Keymaster on July 14, 2013, 07:05:11 PM
That would be good in some tea, if I drank tea. Guess I'd drink it on the rocks. Thanks for sharing Rick :)
Thinking right out of the jar should be bout right
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar

Looks wonderful!  Since I'm usually the DD I might have just a little taste tho! ;D The hubs is the other DD (designated drunk) lol!

Iowa chowhound

They both tasted awesome!!!!! Had them at the midwest smoke out and were both very smooth!!!!!

pensrock

I agree, they both were quite tasty.  :o ;D

KyNola

One of those jars of the peach shine might have "accidentally" found its way into my car before I left IA.  Unfortunately I didn't notice it was in the car until I got back home in KY so looks like I'll have to keep it. :)  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tenpoint5

I will admit it was pretty smooth. There almost wasn't enough for the rest of you guys when I got to sample it early on Thursday night!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

STLstyle

Great recipe!  Cant wait to test it out.  Glad to hear all had fun at the smoke out...
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo