For those of you wondering about running on a generator

Started by Saber 4, August 18, 2013, 12:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I remember someone asking about this a while back, well here's the good news and the bad news, bad news we lost power during my smoke today, the good news is I'm up and running plugged into my Hobart Champion gas powered welder. So I would say as it stands now the temp is coming back up to 220 and smoke is flowing, I guess I'll be ok as long as I don't run out of gas. At least I have some battery power in my laptop and a mobile hot spot on my Blackberry to kill a little time waiting to see how long the power is out.

rveal23

oh man, that really sux.  I hope that you are keeping cool with a few drinks!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

NePaSmoKer

I have an onboard 5500w generator and my Bradleys have no problemo running on generator power.

How long have yo been without power.

pensrock

I would think as long as you have a 20 amp circuit available it would work fine on generator power. Hope you get your power back on soon, I think you are probably missing the AC.  :o

Saber 4

Fortunately we were only out for a couple of hours, it was a freak thing we are on an electric co-op and almost never loose power unless there is a bad storm and then rarely and this was on a beautiful day. And yes we were missing the AC, but it was a good excuse to make a DQ run for a small blizzard. The Bradley ran like a champ and finished up my roast on the welder, I figured it would but someone else was asking if it could be done so I figured why not post my afternoon fun. Now I'm back on house current with the Baby Bradley to do a rack of baby back ribs for dinner. The roast is going to get cooled, chilled and sliced for this week's lunch sammies. :D

beefmann

it sucks to  loose power, glad you  had the generator to finish your  smoke...most of the bradleys  should be able to run on a  1500 watt generator... while larger ones are preferred.. i have a  5000 watt generator that i run  to power my  home when the  power  goes  out here,, can run everything except the AC

Saber 4

Quote from: beefmann on August 19, 2013, 08:51:04 AM
it sucks to  loose power, glad you  had the generator to finish your  smoke...most of the bradleys  should be able to run on a  1500 watt generator... while larger ones are preferred.. i have a  5000 watt generator that i run  to power my  home when the  power  goes  out here,, can run everything except the AC

Some days here I think I would run the AC and let everything else go :)