newbie from Vancouver

Started by coldsteel, August 05, 2013, 03:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

You guys should think hard about having a "smoke out" in the BC/WA area.  I had a super time at the MWSO in Iowa earlier this month.

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on August 28, 2013, 06:23:28 PM
You guys should think hard about having a "smoke out" in the BC/WA area.  I had a super time at the MWSO in Iowa earlier this month.

I agree with Joe, it was a blast you guy's should really try to put one together.

Quarlow

Unfortuneatly I don't have room here. But in a year or 2 when I move to my dad's property I will have plenty of room and we are right on the river(fraser).
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Saber 4

Quote from: Quarlow on August 28, 2013, 07:51:15 PM
Unfortuneatly I don't have room here. But in a year or 2 when I move to my dad's property I will have plenty of room and we are right on the river(fraser).

I don't think you have to limit it to your place, I believe NePa had one at a KOA campground so if you could find a campground with motels nearby or a public park with a room to rent I think you would be in business. I'm sure NePa will chime in with details of setting one up away from the homestead.

Snoopy

I think it would be awesome!! if we can get a location near hotels/campgrounds that would be great as i can pull my camper up.

Yancey

Snoopy, my daughter lives in Squamish and sells real estate in Whistler.  Let me know if you ever plan to do anything publicly and I'll pass it along to her. 

Snoopy

how do we go about getting a PNW smokeout thread started in the smokeout section?

Shasta bob

That might be all it takes us westerners started.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

Saber 4

Quote from: Snoopy on September 03, 2013, 05:00:17 PM
how do we go about getting a PNW smokeout thread started in the smokeout section?

I would say PM Tenpoint5 or NePaSmoker and ask how they got theirs started.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Saber 4 on September 03, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

I will send have sent a message to Brian and have him put up a thread if you guys are interested in having a PNWSO
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 04, 2013, 11:14:34 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on September 03, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

I will send have sent a message to Brian and have him put up a thread if you guys are interested in having a PNWSO

You are the man! Now it's up to Snoopy and Shasta Bob to get something going for their neck of the woods.

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Skishy

I would definitely try to make that NW meeting.
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

Tenpoint5

Ok guys you can start a thread discussing the PNWSO here http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?board=39.0 Once you figure out Who is going to be the host and where it will be. A separate board will be setup. Then the child boards as they are needed. So the ball is in your court now! Who is going to host the Pacific North West Smoke Out?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!