Sonny's Bread Starter Should Come With A Warning

Started by devo, September 11, 2013, 05:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Took the bread starter that Sonny sent me from the freezer to feed it. Gave one jar (1 cup) of starter to a lady who works at the hotel down the road. When I asked her if she had made bread from it she said HELL NO  :o :o I said what happened??   She said by the time she got home the dam jar lid blow off and she now has starter all over her car seat  ;D ;D ;D   It was very hard for me not to laugh.

Well last night  I made some dough to make cinnamon rolls from the renewed starter and I have never seen the starter rise like it did this time, so now I understand how hers exploded  :o   
This is some good chit   :)

Saber 4

I don't think I could have stopped myself from laughing, looks like it was a good thing you had that towel tied down for the rodeo.

Tenpoint5

If I remember right Quarlow almost had an international incident at the border with a starter!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 11, 2013, 06:45:02 AM
If I remember right Quarlow almost had an international incident at the border with a starter!

I think he d@mnned near got shot by the border patrol agents!

Maybe not, it still makes for a good story.    :D

devo

Saber 4

I'd give you my address but I don't think those good looking cinnamon rolls would make it to the post office before they completely disappeared.  :)

devo

And the rest of the story, thanks Sonny Awsome chit you got going here  ;)

Saber 4

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OldHickory

Those loaves and cinnamon rolls look great.  Was that a sourdough starter?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

devo

Quote from: OldHickory on September 12, 2013, 03:38:31 PM
Those loaves and cinnamon rolls look great.  Was that a sourdough starter?

No the starter is from Sonny (classicrockgriller) the Smokin' Farmin' monkey. His starter is a sweat bread starter.

Check this thread out
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=21118.0

OldHickory

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Quarlow

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 11, 2013, 07:09:43 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 11, 2013, 06:45:02 AM

I think he d@mnned near got shot by the border patrol agents!

Maybe not, it still makes for a good story.    :D
LOL, I damn near went to prison that day. I think back now and I wish they had tried to open that stuff. Hahaha.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.