smoking almonds

Started by tailfeathers, September 06, 2013, 06:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailfeathers

Just got a Bradley smoker and I want to smoke some almonds. The racks from my old smoker are too big for the Bradley. I bought a set of jerky racks, but the mesh size is too big and the almonds fall through. Does anyone know of a source for racks in say 1/4" mesh?
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Grouperman941

Frog mats are the answer, as seen in this post:http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=27744.msg1#msg1

But before I had those, I used cheesecloth, which worked fine.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Saber 4

Welcome aboard, frogmat's are a must for a lot of things with the Bradley, although cheesecloth as suggested will work till you can order some, I use cheesecloth and frogmats when I smoke Chex Mix in the Bradley. You might look into some bubba pucks as well

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Frog mats are great.  I got them from Yard&Pool.

Habanero Smoker

It may be hard to find this time of year, since grilling season is about over, Reynolds makes a perforated grill foil. I've seen to versions, and the one with the sloted holes are better for smoking.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tailfeathers

Thanks everyone. Ordered a set of frogmats from yard and pool, anxiously awaiting arrival. Turned out an awesome batch of jerky yesterday!

tailfeathers

Got the frogmats, just the ticket for smoking almonds!!!Thanks for the tip.

Gafala

I use a fine mesh cheesecloth I got from Uline when I do almonds I will be doing 50lbs in about three weeks.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.