Boneless Pork Shoulder Butts

Started by OldHickory, October 16, 2013, 11:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

Bought two boneless pork shoulder butts at Costco.

Seasoned up with OO, rub, garlic salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder.

Into the Bradley for a long smoke/cook with hickory at 220*.

After 8 hrs. smoke/cook, here is one of them.

I cut each in half and double foil wrap and then into a large roaster.

Into the oven at 240*. 1 and 1/2 c water in the bottom of the roaster.

I chop the bark and mix well with the pulled pork.  Lots of good juice in the foil--save for warm-ups.

You can then plate with whatever you desire.  Two of my favorites are beans and greens, both home cooked and a nice salad on the side.  Oh did I mention?  I usually have a glass of red Cabernet wine with the meal.

Warms the tummy these cold nights.

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Saber 4

That's some pretty bark you got there. I have one of those roaster's that I inherited from my father in law and it works great for lots of things, of course I don't do turkey's in it anymore, after getting the Bradley.

beefmann

great looking bark and pulled pork

OldHickory

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 16, 2013, 12:22:52 PM
That's some pretty bark you got there. I have one of those roaster's that I inherited from my father in law and it works great for lots of things, of course I don't do turkey's in it anymore, after getting the Bradley.

Saber, that roaster saw a lot of turkey before I bought my Bradley four years ago.  It still gets a workout with my pork shoulders.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.