First time smoking

Started by cstpp, October 20, 2013, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstpp

Today, I Smoked in my new Bradley two Turkey breasts w/bone this was a test. Well I smoked them for 3 hours IT was 158 than in the oven for half hour. Not bad little smokey.Maybe I should have cut the time.  I guess that way we learn! It made great smoked sandwiches.  I had some problems with the auto feed.Did not auto feed. Load 18 pucks only 6 burned. 20 min no feed   I had to push the button. to feed. Did i do it wrong or is there a problem with my unit? Should I call CS and let them Know. This is a BS611. Would Bradley switch out the analog  for a digital unit if i pay the difference ? Thank all my smokers!!!!!

Saber 4

Check all your connections, on the recipe site there is a FAQ section that has instructions on how to open up your smoke generator and check the wiring and switch's if you do the checks and find something is broken Bradley will send you a warranty part no problems. As for them upgrading you to digital, I don't know if they would or not you would just have to ask.

Habanero Smoker

I believe for your model you only need to remove the side panel of the smoker to gain access to the wiring. I don't have much information on that specific model on the FAQ section, but most of the trouble shooting tips in the Original, All Smoker, and Miscellaneous sections should be useful.

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TedEbear

Quote from: cstpp on October 20, 2013, 05:55:20 PMNot bad little smokey.Maybe I should have cut the time. 

As far as too strong of a smoke taste, poultry absorbs smoke like a sponge.  You don't need a lot of smoke to get a smoke flavor with it.