Long short ribs

Started by GusRobin, October 19, 2013, 12:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Went to Publix and had the butcher cut some beef short ribs but left them long.
Here they are sprinkled with some EEOV and gunpowder.

Last time I used the Bradley I had some trouble with the puck feeder. I think it is just a matter of having to clean it after 4 years. I wanted to watch some football and not have to hassle with it so I used the 6 inch Amazin smoke tube and hickory pellets.

That's it for now. Film at 11 or actually more pics at about 6.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

That ought to be some good eating

beefmann

GusRobin

All done:

On the plate with roasted potatoes, roasted asparagus

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

ragweed

Saber 4

Those look fantastic, how long and at what cabinet temp? did you go by look, IT or some other method to know they were the way you wanted?

GusRobin

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 19, 2013, 07:05:37 PM
Those look fantastic, how long and at what cabinet temp? did you go by look, IT or some other method to know they were the way you wanted?

Temp at 230*; about 4.5 hrs; I was ungry so I took them out ;D I do a lot of beef ribs and usually cook them for 4.5 -5 hrs. I don't try to take the IT on ribs.

Saber 4

Quote from: GusRobin on October 19, 2013, 07:32:06 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on October 19, 2013, 07:05:37 PM

Temp at 230*; about 4.5 hrs; I was ungry so I took them out ;D I do a lot of beef ribs and usually cook them for 4.5 -5 hrs. I don't try to take the IT on ribs.

Thanks, I haven't either on pork ribs but hadn't done big short ribs like those, wasn't sure if you might use a insta read to try and get an IT when they looked done. My list of things to smoke keeps getting longer and longer