• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

hello from alberta

Started by manfromplaid, October 19, 2013, 04:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

just new to smokers  bought a 4 rack digital   just finished the dry rub prep for 8 lbs. baby backs. in the fridge waiting for tomorrow. plan to use hickory for smoke   any suggestions would be most welcome . this will be my first time smoking a real noob :P

snowyo

hey fellow noober.Me 2 just got here as well.Im doing a inside round tomorrow..so good luck to you from over the rock pile in BC

manfromplaid

thanks will post after i eat them  best way to tell if there any good

beefmann

warm up box and  puck burner for  30 minutes, smoke with apple or cherry if you  have it... if  not use what you  have, no more then 2 to 3  max  hours of  smoke to begin with, you  can adjust up or  down on your  next  smoke,

top vent  wide open
top vent wide open
top vent wide open

water bowl full when  start smoking, after the smoke,,, remove the water  tray,,,  remove your ribs place on foil meat side down 2 to 3 times the  size make A boat add in some apple juice or  cider ( beer if you  like ) then wrap tightly and back into the smoker placing the wrapped  ribs  back in the smoker and  let  cook another 2 to 3 hours,,, pull and check... should be  close to  pull apart tender..

good  luck

manfromplaid

reading all i can find   info looks solid will follow your advice  see where we end up   almost to much to wait for morning    ;D

Smokin Sparky

Welcome from Southwest Idaho.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.  Someone here will always be willing to help out.

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Gafala

Welcome from Washington State.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Bdogggut34

Welcome! Apple wood has been my go to and highly recommend for ribs!

manfromplaid

thanks for the hi's and the advice. did 8 lbs bbr   used jans dry rub overnight   then3-2-1   a quick brush with honey and some apple juice when i wrapped in foil. ribs were moist and meaty/flavor from the rub was well seated and even across all the ribs.this forum helped make my first crack at smoking a finger licking success. got some photos but can't seem to get them on  will keep trying  used 2hrs hickory then finished with apple

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, sounds like you had a good smoke, as for posting pictures go here for instructions http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=768#post768

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi