• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just ordered my BS611

Started by Tarheel Smoker, October 21, 2013, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel Smoker

Have been wanting one of these for a while and it'll be here by the weekend. Have never done much smoking, but have enjoyed what I have done.  Ordered Maple. Hickory and apple to start with. Hoping to get good at ribs, chicken, turkey and looking into the possibility of making jerky. Will be looking around for recipes and newbie advice, tips and tricks. Thanks in advance for any feedback and support, but mostly for your patience and understanding.   ;D

GusRobin

Tip:
1) Make sure all plugs are seated tight
2) Leave vent open
3) Here is a link to the recipe site
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes
4) welcome to the forum
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

welcome aboard, lots of good information and people on this site

also along  with  what  Gus has said

accessories to have are

a  duel prob thermometer by maverick et 732
frog mats
high  temp rubber gloves 

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Here are a few links to get you started:

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Frogmats Non-Stick High Temperature Smoker / Jerky Screen 10" x 13"

Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer Set - Maverick ET732

Bradley Smoker Bisquette Saver

Bradley Smoker FAQs

There are more but try those out before getting into things like enclosures for storing your Bradley outdoors, mods to your smoker, etc.  I'm sure someone will be along to help you with those if you're interested.

Any plans for your first smoke?  Pork butts (I think the new name is Boston roast) are easy and forgiving, although they can take a long time to cook.  Take some before/after pics of your efforts and post them if you're so inclined.  People around here like to see pics.

Adding pictures to posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum

Saber 4

Welcome to your newest addiction from down Texas way, you've gotten some good advice from the others. Don't hesitate to ask questions and post pictures of your smokes most of us love pictures.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.