• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bisquette Advancing Problem

Started by Maximus1959, November 17, 2013, 03:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus1959

Just bought a NEW Bradley 6 rack. I'm going to be honest hear; I spent nearly $1000 at Cabelas to get this project up and going.

1) I have temp issues. I was able to figure it out.

2) Now I am having an issue with the bisquette feeder continuously advancing. Just went out to check on it and the bowl was full (piled high) of bisquettes. This would mean "MONEY LOST". They are not cheap by any means.

I have barely used this thing. For what I spent it should work flawlessly.

Any suggestions on how to fix this piece of crap product?

Never again will I buy a Bradley.....

devo

It sounds like your problem may be connected with the micro switch. Most of the time the fix can be as simple as adjusting the motor position, or making sure all connections are secured.

Bisquettes Continuously Feeding

Maximus1959

Quote from: devo on November 17, 2013, 03:33:41 PM
It sounds like your problem may be connected with the micro switch. Most of the time the fix can be as simple as adjusting the motor position, or making sure all connections are secured.

Bisquettes Continuously Feeding

Tried all of the above several times. Now it won't work at all (not even the oven). I turn it on and I get an "E" message. This thing is going back to Cabelas. When it works; it is awesome. I have read way too many negative comments on this site, talking about issues with Bradley products. Had I known; I would have purchased something different. Off to Cabelas I go!!!

Enjoyed the site the short time I have been on here.

Saber 4

No manufacturer can be perfect all the time, look at the lemon's coming out of Detroit, but I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble right out of the box. I am confident that Cabela's will swap it out and probably replace your wasted bisquettes without any issue and if you continue to have any issues Bradley will make it right, I have seen their customer service up close and personal and they do a great job at it. Hope everything works out for you and we see you back in the saddle with a working unit.

squish

I'm personally on my third micro switch since I purchased mine. It's frustrating since this is sold as a "set it and forget it" kind of deal. One thing I've learned with all my years on the earth is that NOTHING is "set it and forget it". When it works it does make things a lot easier, but I have a tendency to be a bit, shall we say. anal when it comes to smoking. I will babysit a cook/smoke until I'm comfortable that it's running the way I want it to.

Now I will say that I have very rarely seen customer service like you get from the Bradley makers. When you call you get to talk to an ACTUAL person.....whoda thunk it....and once they get your serial number they ship out new replacement parts NO QUESTIONS asked.

Yes it's an inconvenience, but it sounds like they know there is an issue, and instead of giving the customer a hard time they are sending out the parts ASAP.

Maximus1959

Ok I give up! I exchanged my 6 rack for a new one. Due to the lack of inventory, I decided I would be better off buying what I was told is "the best" versus a smaller unknown unit. Apparently everyone plans on smoking turkey this year, as they were pretty much wiped out of smokers. I really enjoy this site. You guys swear by Bradley, thou many have posted negative comments. I decided I will give this thing another go and see what happens. So tonight I  thawed out about 50lbs of deer and elk jerky meat. My plan is to smoke everyday this week, which include at turkey on Thanks Giving. Hopefully my experience will be better the second time around.

TedEbear

Glad to see that you've decided to give Bradley a second chance.  Hopefully, round two will turn out better for you.  Now season that thing and get ready to smoke some jerky.  Remember, we like pics of the finished product.  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: TedEbear on November 23, 2013, 09:27:45 PM
Glad to see that you've decided to give Bradley a second chance.  Hopefully, round two will turn out better for you.  Now season that thing and get ready to smoke some jerky.  Remember, we like pics of the finished product.  :)

X2

Maximus1959

Got the jerky marinade done. Marinating now for 24-48 hours. I decided I would make 25 pounds of deer jerky first. Going with a hot and sweet recipe I found on the net. Well see if it is any good.

Any recommendations on how long to smoke and cook this stuff? What temp?

I have read so many recipes that I am a little confused. I would like to know specifics for a Bradley.