• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

KIRBY CANNON AND WESTON HAMBURGER PATTY MAKER

Started by pikeman_95, November 20, 2013, 07:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

Doug3d
Came up with a way to hook up the Weston hamburger patty maker up to the Kirby cannon.  Here is the picture of the hook up and I will let Doug fill out the details. I though some might be interested in the setup.
KC

Quarlow

Now that looks frick'n cool. You need to post a vid so we can see it in action.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pikeman_95

This is Doug3d's set up I just helped him post the picture. I thought It was kind of cool also. Here is the note he sent me.

[Kirby, I was pretty excited about it. Worked great. All I did was take the threaded insert off of the black bulkhead, used the large bell provided with the patty maker and then screwed on the PVC cap. It makes 1/3 pound burgers. I've made a pizza sausge into burgers and
also venison bacon blue cheese burger, they really hold together well when you cook them. Helps keep cost down also without casings.
I really don't know how to post pics on the forum, but if you would like to share its fine with me.]
If he can make a video I could put on the forum.

DOUG3D

Thanks for posting Kirby, I would be happy to make video the next time I use it. Still hunting season here in NY, so hopefully sooner than later!

beefmann

great looking  set up... cant  wait to see how it works

iceman

Well I know what I want for Christmas now! That is cool!  :)

viper125

Looks great Kirby.  Ive always wondered if their is a benifit besides being quicker to make. We always make a certain size all and flatten. Do these compress or make them hold better together?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

DOUG3D

Viper125, I believe the patties are 4" round, 3/4 inch thick and approximately 1/3 pounder. I have cooked them on my Big Green Egg and on a Goerge foreman and was very impressed how they held their shape and did not fall apart at all. They must compress to a certain extent which is helping them stay so uniform when cooked.

viper125

Great maybe i will try this. Only problem with hand made they tend to break up some. Do these swell in the center like most home mades do?  If so I have found using a Table spoon to create a small depression in the burger tends to stop most of it.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

DOUG3D

Have only witnessed a slight swell on 2 of the burgers cooked on the foreman, none on the egg.

tailfeathers

I put a "thumbprint" in the center of hand pattied burgers before grilling and it eliminated the swelled centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

devo

So this will fit any size cannon or just the small one?

pikeman_95

I will find out. DOUG3D would you send me some other picture with the parts dissembled and laid out so I can see how you did this. I have never seen the fittings supplied by the Weston tool. I need to know the out side diameter of the tube that attaches to the Weston burger maker. I need to figure if it will fit through the hole in the end cap of the 30 pound stuffer.
Kirby
kc

pikeman_95

Update
Doug sent me some other pictures and a couple of video clips. I put them together for your entertainment a [how he done it video.] When looking at the picture that I got off the Weston site I would believe that I could find one that would fit the larger stuffer. Doug is using a foot control system that he has made for his stuffer which makes it a very simple process.

Now here is the short video.

http://s943.photobucket.com/user/pikeman_95/media/PATTY%20MAKER/pattymaker1_zpsef4d1ede.mp4.html

Doug if you could check if one of the fittings will fit the larger stuffer end?

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo