Made ahead ABT's

Started by 4given, December 20, 2013, 11:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4given

I am taking ABT' over to my sisters of Christmas day. Are the still OK made in advance then warmed up later?
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Slamdunk

Yep! but not too high a heat or your cheese may melt too much.

As an additional part of your ABT snack, you might want to try this. I did them the other night for a party and they disappeared real quick.

Really easy to do and really good taste. And not hot!

I used 3 medium sized Jalapenos. After getting rid of the seeds and pith, remove the ends of the peppers and slice into 1/4 inch circles.
In a small saucepan, 4 tbls of white sugar and 4 tbls of water. Bring to boil and then turn off heat and let cool. Place Jala rings into mix and let sit for 1 hour. Take Jala rings out and place on a dish with toothpicks for easy grazing.
Very sweet and as mentioned no real heat at all. And seeing as how it's Xmas, try green and red Jalas.

Northern_Smoke

We do this all the time. We will make 3-4 racks full and then put them in the smoker. Take them to about 80% of the way finished and then pull them out. Now either freeze them or put them in the fridge. When you want a snack or have some friends come over, pull out the desired amount and put them on a baking sheet about 1/4-1/3 of the way down from the top in your oven and hit broil. Flip them once the bacon is finished to your liking and cook the other side.

Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

SiFumar

Quote from: Northern_Smoke on December 22, 2013, 08:37:59 AM
We do this all the time. We will make 3-4 racks full and then put them in the smoker. Take them to about 80% of the way finished and then pull them out. Now either freeze them or put them in the fridge. When you want a snack or have some friends come over, pull out the desired amount and put them on a baking sheet about 1/4-1/3 of the way down from the top in your oven and hit broil. Flip them once the bacon is finished to your liking and cook the other side.

Yep have done this!  Froze and even took to AZ(about 5hrs away).  Do Moinks this way also.  Sometimes when reheating brush on some BBQ or melted jelly. Yum!

Northern_Smoke

QuoteSometimes when reheating brush on some BBQ or melted jelly. Yum!

Wow, I had never thought of doing that. I have a bunch of ABT's in the freezer and I might have to try this idea out!!!
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.