Bone In Store Bought Ham

Started by devo, December 23, 2013, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Picked this sucker up on sale. Did one last year this way and it was awesome. Used plum sauce and honey as a coating, set the bradley to 220F and gave it 4 hours of hickory smoke. Just brought it out at 23:00 hours, it was put in at 12:00 noon. IT was at 155-165 depending where you put the thermopen.

Here we are under the cover of darkness waiting for that sweet thing to get done. Got the lights on.

One side

Next side

Bottom side

Slicing this up tomorrow

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

beefmann

Saber 4

ragweed

tailfeathers

I see a bean soup in someone's future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

schane eutsler

Did u smoke that inside? How did u set it up for inside? I would love too do this in my garage insted of outside all the time in the winter.

devo

Quote from: schane eutsler on December 24, 2013, 08:42:15 AM
Did u smoke that inside? How did u set it up for inside? I would love too do this in my garage insted of outside all the time in the winter.

Not inside at all. Just one of those rubber maid prefab sheds you put together. It sits on my deck and is big enough for my two smokers and a few other things. People do have smokers set up in there garages but I am not that big on the idea as smokers can and do catch on fire. Im sure some that do have them in their garages will be along shortly to give you more info.

JZ

Geez Don that looks great.

I might borrow your idea for when the kids & grand kids show up for Christmas holidays.

schane eutsler

That is a good idea thanks a million. I smoked up some deer this late spring. My smoker was on the sunrise side of my house and boy did I have some well done deer. Lol the heat from the rising sun made my smoke sky rocket in temp. So setting up a rubermaid shed would be great. Thanks again.

Tenpoint5

Your a better man than I Don. I would have sliced of a right now snack slice as it came out of the smoker!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!