Smoked Spam

Started by seemore, December 30, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seemore

While at the grocery store over the weekend, I came across this:

Needless to say, I just had to try it.
I bought two Jalapeno Spams and one Black Pepper Spam.
I put them in the Bradley with hickory smoke for two hours at 225.

They turned out pretty good.  The jalapeno had a nice flavor, although it was very mild and not at all spicy in my opinion.  The pepper one definitely had a bite.
seemore

Jkwellborn

I keep telling my wife I am gonna try this. She won't touch spam. Where did you get the finer mesh on the rack?

TedEbear

Quote from: Jkwellborn on December 30, 2013, 07:28:10 PM
Where did you get the finer mesh on the rack?

Frogmats.  The 10"x13" size fits pretty well on a Bradly rack.

Saber 4

Quote from: Jkwellborn on December 30, 2013, 07:28:10 PM
I keep telling my wife I am gonna try this. She won't touch spam. Where did you get the finer mesh on the rack?

Try it you will be surprised at how good it is, and I had sworn to never eat Spam again after the army.

Tenpoint5

Try hitting it with a little rub before smoking
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TMB

Kimmie would love it and if you were to burn it after smoking she would say even better!  ;)

Me not to fond of Spam but would give it a try though.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

seemore

Hey 10.5, did you see that one of the Spams is jalapeno, and the other one is black pepper?  I wanted to try them plain.  The jalapeno one did need a little seasoning, so some green Tabasco might be a nice touch.
The black pepper one did not need anything extra.
8)
By the way, Happy New Year!  It looks like you are getting the white stuff up there!
seemore

Jkwellborn

I'm gonna fire up the smoker tomorrow for some ribs. I'm gonna buy some spam and through it in there. I shall report back.

iceman

News Flash!!!
Just saw this in the market. Miss Ann wouldn't let me take any home though.  >:(  ;D

Jkwellborn

Go back and get the jalapeƱo and black pepper to smoke. It was dang good

seemore

Iceman the hot and spicy might be very good
seemore